Sqlite 3.2.3 use of Tcl_WideInt not defined in Tcl/Tk 8.3.5

Sqlite 3.2.3 use of Tcl_WideInt not defined in Tcl/Tk 8.3.5

Downey, Shawn
I am building an sqlite3 library as part of a project.  I just tried
upgrading Sqlite version 3.0.8 to version 3.2.3.

We use Tcl/Tk 8.3.5 and are sort of stuck with it.  The new tclsqlite.c
declares Tcl_WideInt which is not defined in the include files for
Tcl/Tk 8.3.5.

Can someone suggest a work around?  It does not look practical to
upgrade Tcl at this point and I would like to use sqlite 3.2.3.  Perhaps
I should define Tcl_WideInt myself (as what I don't know yet) or change
the declaration in the new tclsqlite.c file.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Shawn M. Downey

MPR Associates

632 Plank Road, Suite 110

Clifton Park, NY 12065

518-371-3983 x3 (work)

860-508-5015 (cell)

RE: Sqlite 3.2.3 use of Tcl_WideInt not defined in Tcl/Tk 8.3.5

Downey, Shawn
I should have also said I am working in MSVC++ 6.0.  Thanks.

Shawn M. Downey
MPR Associates
632 Plank Road, Suite 110
Clifton Park, NY 12065
518-371-3983 x3 (work)
860-508-5015 (cell)

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 10:51 -0400, Downey, Shawn wrote:
> We use Tcl/Tk 8.3.5 and are sort of stuck with it.  The new tclsqlite.c
> declares Tcl_WideInt which is not defined in the include files for
> Tcl/Tk 8.3.5.

Tclsqlite.c requires Tcl 8.4 or later.  You can try to
back port it if you want, but that will be tricky.  SQLite
uses 64-bit integers and they did not appear in Tcl until
version 8.4 so it is not clear how you will handle them
in a back-ported version.  (Convert them to strings?)

FWIW: If you are speaking of the project that I once worked
on, I have compiled it using Tcl 8.4 and it worked fine.
I would recommend that you upgrade.  Going to Tcl 8.4
(or 8.5) will cost you perhaps 1 day of work, but will
easily pay back that much and more as you continue to
work with the code.
--
D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>