Sqlite & Matlab

victor.camus
Hi All

There seems to be a possible connection between Sqlite and Matlab available at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=139986

However it is not refered to on the sqlite website. Does that mean it does not
really work?

Thank you in advance for your answer

Victor

Re: Sqlite & Matlab

Dennis Cote
[hidden email] wrote:
> There seems to be a possible connection between Sqlite and Matlab available at
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=139986
>
> However it is not refered to on the sqlite website. Does that mean it does not
> really work?

Victor,

I took a quick look at the code there. It hasn't been updated for a year
or so, but it seems like it should be functional as is.

It should work OK for small result sets, since it loads the entire
result set into memory. Actually it ends up with two copies in memory
while it is converting the data from sqlite to matlab formats.

It also opens and closes the database file for each query which can be
expensive.

HTH
Dennis Cote

Re: Sqlite & Matlab

victor.camus
Dennis,

Fine! In that case, I wonder whether it will be of some use to add the
possibility to access sqlite from Matlab on the official Sqlite web site, more
precisely at http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteWrappers

It would avoid the need to search on Google...

Selon Dennis Cote <[hidden email]>:

> [hidden email] wrote:
> > There seems to be a possible connection between Sqlite and Matlab available
> at
> > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=139986
> >
> > However it is not refered to on the sqlite website. Does that mean it does
> not
> > really work?
> >

> Victor,
>
> I took a quick look at the code there. It hasn't been updated for a year
> or so, but it seems like it should be functional as is.
>
> It should work OK for small result sets, since it loads the entire
> result set into memory. Actually it ends up with two copies in memory
> while it is converting the data from sqlite to matlab formats.
>
> It also opens and closes the database file for each query which can be
> expensive.
>
> HTH
> Dennis Cote

Re: Sqlite & Matlab

chetana bhargav
>It also opens and closes the database file for each query which can be
>expensive.

Want to know how expensive is opening and closing a connection is?
Does sqlite3_open16 have to do any validations or so. (Of course it would have
to) but wanted to know how costly they are.

Chetana.