Sqlite powered Web Sites

Clint Bailey
Can anyone point me to web sites that are powered by Sqlite? I'm curious
as to how they function as compared to a MySQL, or brand M$  powered site.

Re: Sqlite powered Web Sites

Derrell Lipman
Clint Bailey <[hidden email]> writes:

> Can anyone point me to web sites that are powered by Sqlite? I'm curious as
> to how they function as compared to a MySQL, or brand M$ powered site.

How about http://sqlite.org ?

Derrell

Re: Sqlite powered Web Sites

emilia12
Цитат на писмо от Clint Bailey <[hidden email]>:

> Can anyone point me to web sites that are powered by
> Sqlite? I'm curious
> as to how they function as compared to a MySQL, or brand
> M$  powered site.

yes - www.sqlite.org

-----------------------------

Slon.bg ™
Симпатичният магазин за
книги, DVD, игри и музика
http://www.slon.bg

Re: Sqlite powered Web Sites

Clint Bailey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can anyone point me to web sites that are powered by Sqlite? I'm curious
> as to how they function as compared to a MySQL, or brand M$  powered site.

http://www.sqlite.org/ is built on top of CVSTrac
(http://www.cvstrac.org/) which uses SQLite version 2.8.
If you check IP addresses, you will also note that
http://www.sqlite.org/ and http://www.cvstrac.org/ are
in fact the same machine.  Some other sites running on
the same machine include:

   http://3dcanvas.tcl.tk/
   http://tkhtml.tcl.tk/

All these sites are running on a single virtual machine
leased from Linode (http://www.linode.com/), specifically
a Linode 160 which is roughly equivalent to a
standalone 200Mhz (to be clear: 0.2GHz) processor
with 160MiB of RAM.  The OS is debian. The SQLite
website handles around 50K hits/day from around 5K
unique IP addresses.  Total traffic is a little over
50GiB per month.

D. Richard Hipp   <[hidden email]>

Re: Sqlite powered Web Sites

Clay Dowling

Clint Bailey said:
> Can anyone point me to web sites that are powered by Sqlite? I'm curious
> as to how they function as compared to a MySQL, or brand M$  powered site.

http://www.ceamus.com

Of course, you aren't going to see the guts of its SQLite access from this
perspective.  But as a regular user of my own product, I assure you that
the performance is excellent.

Clay
--
Simple Content Management
http://www.ceamus.com

Re: Sqlite powered Web Sites

ara.t.howard
On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Clint Bailey wrote:

> Can anyone point me to web sites that are powered by Sqlite? I'm curious as
> to how they function as compared to a MySQL, or brand M$  powered site.

check out the ruby on rails list - their are a few rails sites out there using
sqlite.

-a

happiness is not something ready-made.  it comes from your own actions.
- h.h. the 14th dali lama

Database from scratch

Robert Bielik
I'm using the ODBC driver for SQL and I want to create a SQLite 3 db
from scratch, i.e. open a transaction, use DDL to create
tables and inserts to insert data into the tables, then commit. It seems
to work (i.e. a file is created and it has a reasonable size).
However, when trying to open the database in SQLiteSpy it fails to show
any tables or data. What has gone wrong? I thought the creation only
involved:

1. sqlite3_open
2. Execute some SQL (CREATE/INSERT/COMMIT)
3. sqlite3_close

I can't see much room for errors. The odd thing is that I have no
problem in updating data (via the ODBC driver) in a db already
created in SQLiteSpy.

TIA
/R

Re: Database from scratch

D. Richard Hipp
Robert Bielik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm using the ODBC driver for SQL and I want to create a SQLite 3 db
> from scratch, i.e. open a transaction, use DDL to create
> tables and inserts to insert data into the tables, then commit. It seems
> to work (i.e. a file is created and it has a reasonable size).
> However, when trying to open the database in SQLiteSpy it fails to show
> any tables or data. What has gone wrong? I thought the creation only
> involved:
>
> 1. sqlite3_open
> 2. Execute some SQL (CREATE/INSERT/COMMIT)
> 3. sqlite3_close
>
> I can't see much room for errors. The odd thing is that I have no
> problem in updating data (via the ODBC driver) in a db already
> created in SQLiteSpy.

If a database is created using SQLite version 3.3.x then it
cannot be read using SQLite version 3.2.x unless

  1.  You compile SQLite version 3.3.x with -DSQLITE_DEFAULT_FILE_FORMAT=1

or

  2.  You do "PRAGMA legacy_file_format=on" prior to creating
      any tables.

--
D. Richard Hipp   <[hidden email]>