Still trying to track down loadable extensions

Still trying to track down loadable extensions

phaworth
I'm still hunting for loadable extensions.  The SQLite web site makes
reference to extensions being part of the source code in the contrib folder
but when I browser around there, I can only see 2 files dlmalloc and sqlcon.

I know nothing about git so can someone please point me in the right
direction to find these loadable extensions.

Thanks,

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>

Re: Still trying to track down loadable extensions

Richard Hipp-3
On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 6:19 PM, Peter Haworth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm still hunting for loadable extensions.

In the ext/ folder, and especially in ext/misc/

http://www.sqlite.org/src/tree?name=ext/misc&ci=trunk

Re: Still trying to track down loadable extensions

Nico Williams
On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 5:19 PM, Peter Haworth <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I know nothing about git so can someone please point me in the right
> direction to find these loadable extensions.

SQLite3 is version controlled with Fossil anyways, not git...

Besides the ones that SQLite3 comes with (see D.R. Hipp's responses)

The great search engines find lots of third-party SQLite3 extensions.
Here's a few results, barely skimmed by myself, in no particular
order, nor any endorsement from me:

https://github.com/slightfoot/sqlite3-extensions
https://github.com/salviati/sqlite3-lz4
https://github.com/ralight/sqlite3-pcre
http://sqlite.mobigroup.ru/wiki?name=extensions
http://sqlite.mobigroup.ru/wiki?name=utils
https://github.com/djodjo/sqlite3ext_parse_json
https://github.com/fnoyanisi/sqlite3_capi_extensions
https://github.com/mrwilson/squib
https://github.com/evsukov89/SQLiteFuzzySearch
https://sites.google.com/site/lserinol/sqlitecompress
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/glarkin/extension-functions-1.0.c
http://sqlcipher.net/design/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlite-undo/
http://schplurtz.free.fr/wiki/schplurtziel/sqlite3-ipv4-ext
https://bitbucket.org/luciad/libgpkg
https://www.linux.com/news/software/developer/8010-libferris-and-sqlite-a-powerful-combination-part-2

Re: Still trying to track down loadable extensions

decalek
On 21.02.2014 01:19, Peter Haworth wrote:
> I'm still hunting for loadable extensions.  The SQLite web site makes
> reference to extensions being part of the source code in the contrib folder
> but when I browser around there, I can only see 2 files dlmalloc and sqlcon.

I see that you are supporting non-FOSS software based on SQLite. What is
your goal - to include as much as possible extensions in your software
or to start cataloging initiative in the service of community?

If the latter, you can contact James K. Lowden, who was about to
sort-out something in this direction an year ago [1].

Alek

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sqlite-dev/icj60Bc5Lt0

Re: Still trying to track down loadable extensions

decalek

Re: Still trying to track down loadable extensions

a.furieri
On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 00:43:40 +0200, Alek Paunov wrote:
> Just in case if Alessandro Furieri do not follow the list closely

Hi Alek,

I can simply add few more details to your already excellent
introduction.
SpatiaLite is a loadable extension adding standard Spatial SQL
capabilities to the SQLite's basic core.
It's almost conformant to OGC-SFS [1] and ISO SQL/MM-Spatial
international standards for Spatial DBMSes and Spatial SQL;
roughly speaking it offers a sound and powerful light-weight
alternative to the much more complex PostgreSQL/PostGIS
client-server Spatial DBMS.
It's certainly interesting to note that SpatiaLite has
been successfully ported on Android and other mobile
or embedded devices.

directly included in SpatiaLite are several Virtual Tables
implementing the following features:
- VirtualText: direct read access by SQL to external CSV
   and structured text files
- VirtualDbf: direct read access by SQL to external DBF files
- VirtualXls: direct read access by SQL to external MS XLS
   spreadsheets (old Excel binary format)
- VirtualShape: direct read access by SQL to external ESRI
   Shapefiles (the de facto standard exchange format for
   Geographic vector data)
- VirtualSpatialIndex: full fledged Spatial Index support
   based on R*Trees
- VirtualNetwork: pure SQL Routing based on a road
   network (aka graph) [Dijkstra's Shortest Path]
- VirtualXPath: standard XML Path Language

a further self-standing loadable extension closely related to
SpatiaLite is VirtualPG, allowing to establish a client
connection to a PostgreSQL/PostGIS server and then supporting
direct data exchange between the two DBMSes by standard SQL
statements.

both SpatiaLite and VirtualPG are released under the MPL
"tri-licence"; you can freely choose you best fit license
between the GPL, LGPL or the MPL itself.

bye Sandro

[1] http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=25355