String Too Long

tuteCarp
Hi all;
I am trying to insert a big string and i have the message: Request too long.

I set my parameter as "text" but i still have this problem.

Do you know if i can use another type?

Thanks

Re: String Too Long

Igor Korot
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 1:20 PM, Matías Badin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all;
> I am trying to insert a big string and i have the message: Request too long.
>
> I set my parameter as "text" but i still have this problem.
>
> Do you know if i can use another type?

BLOB?

Thank you.

> Thanks

Re: String Too Long

David Raymond
Default limits for SQLite
http://www.sqlite.org/limits.html

Maximum length of a string or BLOB: 1,000,000,000 (1 billion bytes)
Statement length: 1,000,000 bytes

How are you doing your insert? Are you binding the string (good), or substituting it into the insert statement as part of the statement text (bad)?

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 1:20 PM, Matías Badin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all;
> I am trying to insert a big string and i have the message: Request too long.
>
> I set my parameter as "text" but i still have this problem.
>
> Do you know if i can use another type?

BLOB?

Thank you.

> Thanks

Re: String Too Long

tuteCarp
The same issue using blob.
Thanks

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 1:20 PM, Matías Badin <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Hi all;
> > I am trying to insert a big string and i have the message: Request too
> long.
> >
> > I set my parameter as "text" but i still have this problem.
> >
> > Do you know if i can use another type?
>
> BLOB?
>
> Thank you.
>

> > Thanks

Re: String Too Long

tuteCarp
Yes, i am binding the string.

> The same issue using blob.
> Thanks

>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 1:20 PM, Matías Badin <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi all;
>> > I am trying to insert a big string and i have the message: Request too
>> long.
>> >
>> > I set my parameter as "text" but i still have this problem.
>> >
>> > Do you know if i can use another type?
>>
>> BLOB?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>

>> > Thanks

Re: String Too Long

David Raymond
How large <is> the string, and what program/language are you using?

>> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 1:20 PM, Matías Badin <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi all;
>> > I am trying to insert a big string and i have the message: Request too
>> long.
>> >
>> > I set my parameter as "text" but i still have this problem.
>> >
>> > Do you know if i can use another type?
>>
>> BLOB?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>

>> > Thanks

Re: String Too Long

tuteCarp
The string is over 55000 characters and i'm using SQLiteCommand  in C#

> How large <is> the string, and what program/language are you using?

Re: String Too Long

Richard Hipp-3
On 3/1/18, Matías Badin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The string is over 55000 characters and i'm using SQLiteCommand  in C#

That might be something in C#.  SQLite can easily handle a 55K
character string.  It commonly does much more than that in
applications such as Fossil.

Re: String Too Long

On 1 Mar 2018, at 7:42pm, Matías Badin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The string is over 55000 characters and i'm using SQLiteCommand  in C#

Since that's less than a million, whatever limit you're hitting isn't part of SQLite, it's part of one of

1) Operating System
2) SQLite shim library
3) Programming language

My guess is that it's a limitation of SQLiteCommand a.k.a Microsoft.Data.Sqlite .  You might want to ask about the problem in a forum on C#, .NET or Microsoft.Data.* .

"Request too long" is actually HTTP error 400.  If some part of your system is passing the commands over HTTP, then this may be what's causing the problem.  Maximum lengths are usually something like 16,000 or 20,000 characters.

Re: String Too Long

Drago, William @ CSG - NARDA-MITEQ-2
> My guess is that it's a limitation of SQLiteCommand a.k.a
> Microsoft.Data.Sqlite .  You might want to ask about the problem in a forum
> on C#, .NET or Microsoft.Data.* .

Or try System.Data.SQLite instead of the Microsoft version. You can download it directly or use NuGet.

--
Bill Drago
Staff Engineer

Beginning April 1, 2018, L3 Technologies, Inc. will discontinue the use of all @L-3Com.com email addresses. To ensure delivery of your messages to this recipient, please update your records to use [hidden email].