The server https://www3.sqlite.org/ is not working

Domingo Alvarez Duarte
Hello Richard !

Today the server https://www3.sqlite.org/ is not working, I usually
follow the sqlite3 repository daily and I think that could be a good
idea to add an option to fossil update command to allow override the url
for the repository so in cases like today I could do:

fossil updata --url https://www1.sqlite.org/cgi/src

Cheers !

Re: The server https://www3.sqlite.org/ is not working

Warren Young
On Sep 11, 2018, at 2:29 AM, Domingo Alvarez Duarte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think that could be a good idea to add an option to fossil update command to allow override the url for the repository so in cases like today I could do:
>
> fossil updata --url https://www1.sqlite.org/cgi/src

There are already two ways to do that.

Using the method I prefer from within a Fossil checkout of a repo cloned from www3:

    $ fossil sync https://www1.sqlite.org/cgi/src

To do it from outside the checkout directory, point Fossil at the cloned reop with -R.

The second method is to set the new URL separately using the "fossil remote-url” command, then update, sync, push, pull, etc.

Either way, the new URL is used for all future updates.  You’d have to give the www3 URL with these commands to switch back later.