Quantcast

Threadsafe and _config() question

Simon Slavin-3
Suppose I compile a copy of SQLite3 with SQLITE_THREADSAFE = 0.

Then suppose I execute

        sqlite3_config(SQLITE_CONFIG_SERIALIZED)

Would I get an error back ?
If not, can this be considered a bug and fixed ?
If not, can the problem be documented ?

Re: Threadsafe and _config() question

Richard Hipp-3
On 4/15/17, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Suppose I compile a copy of SQLite3 with SQLITE_THREADSAFE = 0.
>
> Then suppose I execute
>
> sqlite3_config(SQLITE_CONFIG_SERIALIZED)
>
> Would I get an error back ?

Yes.  Did you try it?

On 15 Apr 2017, at 8:10pm, Richard Hipp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 4/15/17, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Suppose I compile a copy of SQLite3 with SQLITE_THREADSAFE = 0.
>>
>> Then suppose I execute
>>
>> sqlite3_config(SQLITE_CONFIG_SERIALIZED)
>>
>> Would I get an error back ?
>
> Yes.  Did you try it?

Thanks for the confirmation.  I tried it using macOS, and I got an error as I’d hoped, but I wasn’t sure whether it would apply to all possibly setups or I was just lucky.  I appreciate you telling me that someone throught through this problem.