Tip of Trunk does not compile under 64-bit MingW compiler

Tip of Trunk does not compile under 64-bit MingW compiler

Keith Medcalf

fileio.c attempts to #include a file "test_windirent" which does not exist.  (Perhaps it does somewhere, but it is not part of amalgamation files nor the generated shell.c).

Snagged a copy and it does not appear to work.  Neither -m32 nor -m64 code will compile with

gcc version 7.1.0 (x86_64-win32-sjlj-rev2, Built by MinGW-W64 project)

seems a bunch of stuff needed by the extensions (and the shell) are not defined properly.

Re: Tip of Trunk does not compile under 64-bit MingW compiler

Richard Hipp-3
On 1/6/18, Keith Medcalf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> fileio.c attempts to #include a file "test_windirent" which does not exist.
> (Perhaps it does somewhere, but it is not part of amalgamation files nor the
> generated shell.c).

What (exact) sources are you using, and what steps are you taking to build?

Re: Tip of Trunk does not compile under 64-bit MingW compiler

Keith Medcalf

I pull the fossil source on a Linux machine by fossil update trunk.
I then do the following:

cd ../bld
rm -rf *
../src/configure --enable-load-extension --enable-threadsafe --with-readline-lib=auto --with-pic --enable-fts5 --enable-json1
make sqlite3.c
cp ../src/src/test_intarray.c intarray.c
cp ../src/src/test_intarray.h test_intarray.h
zip -j ../interim.zip sqlite3.c sqlite3.h tsrc/shell.c tsrc/sqlite3ext.h tsrc/tclsqlite.c ../src/ext/misc/*.c ../src/test/speedtest1.c ../src/ext/async/sqlite3async.* ../src/ext/userauth/*.h ../src/ext/userauth/userauth.c intarray.c test_intarray.h ../src/test/kvtest.c ../src/src/test_windirent.h
cd ..

The "interim.zip" is downloaded to a Windows machine where MinGW64 GCC 7.1.0 is attempting to compile the amalgamation with all the extensions loaded into it.

Interestingly, if I remove the conditional includes in test_windirent.h it then compiles mostly-sorta cleanly (just with complaints about the stat macro being continuously redefined) ...

Please try again with the latest trunk of SQLite
(https://www.sqlite.org/src/timeline?c=2018-01-07+21:58:17 or later)
and let me know whether or not your a still having problems.