Tool to load a database and see all tables and fields.

Tool to load a database and see all tables and fields.

spudse bud
I always was a big fan of phpmyadmin because when php/mysql errored I could
check table/field names etc to see where my script goes wrong.

I am wondering if a easy tool exsists for SQLite, that just lists the tables
and fields in a database. I have tried sqlitemanager, but I didn't really
liked it.

Greetings koen (spudse).

Re: Tool to load a database and see all tables and fields.

Eno Thereska
What about sqlitebrowser? That's what I currently use.

Eno

--

Eno Thereska
Carnegie Mellon University
Tel: 412-268-5908

Re: Tool to load a database and see all tables and fields.

Edwin Knoppert
On my site i have a tool, www.hellobasic.com

> What about sqlitebrowser? That's what I currently use.
>
> Eno
>
> spudse bud wrote:
>> I always was a big fan of phpmyadmin because when php/mysql errored I
>> could
>> check table/field names etc to see where my script goes wrong.
>>
>> I am wondering if a easy tool exsists for SQLite, that just lists the
>> tables
>> and fields in a database. I have tried sqlitemanager, but I didn't really
>> liked it.
>>
>> Greetings koen (spudse).
>>

> --
>

> Eno Thereska
> Carnegie Mellon University
> Parallel Data Laboratory
> CIC Building Cube 2221-D
> 5000 Forbes Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15213
> Tel: 412-268-5908

Re: Tool to load a database and see all tables and fields.

Ralf Junker
Hello Koen,

have you tried SQLiteSpy? It has a nice schema tree and multiple, tabbed SQL edits to execute commands and queries. Data retrieval is very fast, the memory requirements low.

SQLiteSpy is freeware for personal use. Commercial users are kindly asked for a small dontaion. Download your copy from:

  http://www.yunqa.de/delphi/sqlitespy/

Regards,

Ralf

>I am wondering if a easy tool exsists for SQLite, that just lists the tables and fields in a database. I have tried sqlitemanager, but I didn't really liked it.

Re: Tool to load a database and see all tables and fields.

Eric Bohlman
spudse bud wrote:
> I always was a big fan of phpmyadmin because when php/mysql errored I could
> check table/field names etc to see where my script goes wrong.
>
> I am wondering if a easy tool exsists for SQLite, that just lists the tables
> and fields in a database. I have tried sqlitemanager, but I didn't really
> liked it.

Have you checked out the PHP section of
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteTools ?  There's a listing
for phpSQLiteAdmin, which is supposed to be patterned after phpmyadmin,
though it appears not to be under active development.

Re: Tool to load a database and see all tables and fields.

Eno Thereska
Is there a version for Linux? So far I have only found slqbrowser being
useful/free free Linux.

Sqlitespy for windows looks pretty nice, btw.

Eno

Tel: 412-268-5908

Re: Tool to load a database and see all tables and fields.

Ralf Junker
Hello Eno Thereska,

>Is there a version for Linux? So far I have only found slqbrowser being useful/free free Linux.

No, SQLiteSpy is only available for Win32.

>Sqlitespy for windows looks pretty nice, btw.

Thanks, it's much appreciated.

Regards,

Ralf

Re: Tool to load a database and see all tables and fields.

Tom Melendez
What didn't you like about SQLiteManager?  I have found the developer
very responsive to bug fixes, requests and patches, so I would recommend
detailing things that you didn't like or didn't work correctly for you
and sending it to him.

At the time that I was actively looking, I found it to be the best one
that fit my requirements (web-based, GPL, functional, PDO support, etc.)

Tom