Training opportunity: The Inner Workings Of SQLite

Training opportunity: The Inner Workings Of SQLite

D. Richard Hipp
I will be giving a 3-hour lecture on how SQLite works at
the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland, OR on
2005-Aug-01.  This lecture will go into detail on how
SQLite is put together and how SQL database work in general.
The aim is to make attendees comfortable enough with the
SQLite code base that they will know immediately where in
the code to look for answers to questions about how the
database operates and can confidently make any desired
customizations and enhancements.

The lecture is appropriate for:

  * Staff programmers at companies that use SQLite in
    their products and that want to be able to better
    support SQLite internally rather than relying on
    external support contracts or the good will of the
    community.

  * System architects who are considering the use of SQLite
    and who want a detailed under-the-hood look at SQLite
    to help them make an informed decision about whether
    SQLite is appropriate for their designs.

  * System programmers who want to be able to use SQLite
    more effectively by understanding what it does behind
    the scenes.

  * Developers of other database engines looking for ideas
    to help improve their own products

  * Anyone who is just curious about how SQL database engines
    work.

For additional information visit

    http://conferences.oreillynet.com/oscon2005/

I hope to see many of you there.
D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

Re: Training opportunity: The Inner Workings Of SQLite

Marcel Strittmatter
>     http://conferences.oreillynet.com/oscon2005/

http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2005/ is the correct url, isn't it?

Regards,
Marcel

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 21:29 +0200, Marcel Strittmatter wrote:
> >     http://conferences.oreillynet.com/oscon2005/
> >

> http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2005/ is the correct url, isn't it?

Yes it is.  Sorry for the typo.
D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

Re: Training opportunity: The Inner Workings Of SQLite

Darren Duncan
At 3:04 PM -0400 6/19/05, D. Richard Hipp wrote:
>I will be giving a 3-hour lecture on how SQLite works at
>the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland, OR on
>2005-Aug-01.

Yep.  Already signed up for your tutorial a couple weeks ago.
Looking forward to it, and meeting you in person.

On a separate note, anyone who plans to go to OSCON, try hard to
register by June 20th (tomorrow) because after that all the prices go
up by about 15% (you lose early reg prices) and you lose certain
other things.

Also, if any of you are from around south-west BC (eg, Victoria,
Vancouver), please email me privately.

-- Darren Duncan

Re: Training opportunity: The Inner Workings Of SQLite

Klint Gore
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:04:19 -0400, "D. Richard Hipp" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I will be giving a 3-hour lecture on how SQLite works at
> the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland, OR on
> 2005-Aug-01.

Is there any chance that this will be webcast or recorded
(slides/audio/video)?  I found presentation notes on O'Reilly's website
>from previous events but can't see any from tutorials (and no audio yet).

klint.

+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
: Klint Gore                            : "Non rhyming    :
: EMail   : [hidden email]           :  slang - the    :
: Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilities  :
: Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :
:           Armidale NSW 2351 Australia :     L.J.J.      :
: Fax     : +61 2 6772 5376             :                 :
+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

Re: Training opportunity: The Inner Workings Of SQLite

Robert L Cochran
I'd like to ask about this too. I'd be very happy to pay for DVDs. I'd
like to go to OSCON but the costs involved make it tough for me,
especially with 2 kids in university.

Bob Cochran

Klint Gore wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:04:19 -0400, "D. Richard Hipp" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>I will be giving a 3-hour lecture on how SQLite works at
>>the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland, OR on
>>2005-Aug-01.
>>

>Is there any chance that this will be webcast or recorded
>(slides/audio/video)?  I found presentation notes on O'Reilly's website
>>from previous events but can't see any from tutorials (and no audio yet).
>
>klint.
>
>+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
>: Klint Gore                            : "Non rhyming    :
>: EMail   : [hidden email]           :  slang - the    :
>: Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilities  :
>: Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :
>:           Armidale NSW 2351 Australia :     L.J.J.      :
>: Fax     : +61 2 6772 5376             :                 :
>+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

Re: Training opportunity: The Inner Workings Of SQLite

Paul G-3

> I'd like to ask about this too. I'd be very happy to pay for DVDs. I'd
> like to go to OSCON but the costs involved make it tough for me,
> especially with 2 kids in university.

i'll second that. financial considerations are not an issue in my case, but
i have other obligations which will prevent me from being able to travel to
oregon at that time.

-p

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 20:15 -0400, Paul G wrote:
> i have other obligations which will prevent me from being able to travel to
> oregon at that time.

Essentially the same talk will likely be repeated
at other venues.  I will keep you posted.
D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 22:29 -0400, D. Richard Hipp wrote:
> Essentially the same talk will likely be repeated
> at other venues.  I will keep you posted.

If you cannot make it to OSCON or AUUG, the next
opportunity to hear the SQLite Internals tutorial
will be at the 12th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference in
Portland, OR on October 25.

http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2005/info.html

I'll be delivering two different lectures at that
conference.  The first one, in the morning, will
be 3 hours of intensive training on using SQLite,
with special emphasis on the Tcl bindings.  I will
provide more details on that lecture over the next
few weeks.
--
D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>