Unable to run SQLite programs: error 0xC000007b

Unable to run SQLite programs: error 0xC000007b

Rob Richardson-3
Greetings!

I used SQLite in a successful program a few years ago.  I am trying to resurrect that program for a new customer, but it isn't working, and I'm having a hellish time trying to debug it.

I have a Windows 7 XP1 OS, and I'm using Visual Studio 2008, which is what the original program was built with.

The original program builds an ActiveX control.  I have a web page (HTML file) that includes the control.  I can build the control in debug mode, load the web page in Internet Explorer, and the control works.  It opens an SQLite database, tries to prepare a statement, and throws an error complaining that a table does not exist, even though it does.  The SQL statement and the SQLite file are unchanged from the version that is running at the old customer site.

I have stripped out the SQLite code into a separate project so that I can run it by itself, and hopefully step through it in a debugger.  However, when I try to run it, I get the following message:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).  Click OK to close the application."

I have a feeling this is related to 32-bit vs 64-bit applications, but I'm not sure.  What do I need to do to get this little test program to run?

Thank you very much.

Rob Richardson

Re: Unable to run SQLite programs: error 0xC000007b

Stephen Chrzanowski
Use explicit paths to where your database is opened from.  Depending on
where the application is run from, from the debugger even, it may launch
the application from one place, but set its running directory to another.
So your application may be trying to read the database file from somewhere
you're not expecting.

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Rob Richardson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I used SQLite in a successful program a few years ago.  I am trying to
> resurrect that program for a new customer, but it isn't working, and I'm
> having a hellish time trying to debug it.
>
> I have a Windows 7 XP1 OS, and I'm using Visual Studio 2008, which is what
> the original program was built with.
>
> The original program builds an ActiveX control.  I have a web page (HTML
> file) that includes the control.  I can build the control in debug mode,
> load the web page in Internet Explorer, and the control works.  It opens an
> SQLite database, tries to prepare a statement, and throws an error
> complaining that a table does not exist, even though it does.  The SQL
> statement and the SQLite file are unchanged from the version that is
> running at the old customer site.
>
> I have stripped out the SQLite code into a separate project so that I can
> run it by itself, and hopefully step through it in a debugger.  However,
> when I try to run it, I get the following message:
>
> "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).  Click OK to
> close the application."
>
> I have a feeling this is related to 32-bit vs 64-bit applications, but I'm
> not sure.  What do I need to do to get this little test program to run?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Rob Richardson

Re: Unable to run SQLite programs: error 0xC000007b

R Smith

On 2017/03/06 5:34 PM, Rob Richardson wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I used SQLite in a successful program a few years ago.  I am trying to resurrect that program for a new customer, but it isn't working, and I'm having a hellish time trying to debug it.
>
> I have a Windows 7 XP1 OS, and I'm using Visual Studio 2008, which is what the original program was built with.
>
> The original program builds an ActiveX control.  I have a web page (HTML file) that includes the control.  I can build the control in debug mode, load the web page in Internet Explorer, and the control works.  It opens an SQLite database, tries to prepare a statement, and throws an error complaining that a table does not exist, even though it does.  The SQL statement and the SQLite file are unchanged from the version that is running at the old customer site.
>
> I have stripped out the SQLite code into a separate project so that I can run it by itself, and hopefully step through it in a debugger.  However, when I try to run it, I get the following message:
>
> "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).  Click OK to close the application."
>
> I have a feeling this is related to 32-bit vs 64-bit applications, but I'm not sure.  What do I need to do to get this little test program to run?

I have a feeling that your feeling might be wrong. Did you compile the
second project for a different target bit-ness than the first?
If so, why?
If not, then that cannot be the fault.

Many things could be wrong - My bet would be a DLL that is required and
isn't in the exe's path (or other path accessible to the exe).

More to the point, show us the line of SQL that gets passed to the
SQLite interface exactly (the one that fails with that error message
when your initial program was still working), and then also show us the
Schema of the table. (In the sqlite3,exe CLI tool, open the database and
simply do .fullschema and send us the output, or post the DB file
somewhere). We should be able to help with figuring out why you get the
error.

Cheers,
Ryan