Unable to store 500MB size of row data even after define macro SQLITE_MAX_LENGTH

Unable to store 500MB size of row data even after define macro SQLITE_MAX_LENGTH

Durgesh
getting error "QSqlError("18", "Unable to bind parameters", "string or blob
too big")" while inserting a row data of size 500MB.

However insertion of 450 MB is successful.

Tried define the macro SQLITE_MAX_LENGTH with value of
SQLITE_MAX_LENGTH=2000000000 , larger than 500MB.

pls suggest a way insertion can be done for more than 450 MB of data.

I am using Qt SQL , for interfacing with sqlite db.

Re: Unable to store 500MB size of row data even after define macro SQLITE_MAX_LENGTH

Kees Nuyt
On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 23:59:02 -0700 (MST), Durgesh
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> getting error "QSqlError("18", "Unable to bind parameters", "string or blob
> too big")" while inserting a row data of size 500MB.
>
> However insertion of 450 MB is successful.
>
> Tried define the macro SQLITE_MAX_LENGTH with value of
> SQLITE_MAX_LENGTH=2000000000 , larger than 500MB.
>
> pls suggest a way insertion can be done for more than 450 MB of data.
>
> I am using Qt SQL , for interfacing with sqlite db.

What is the databases page size?
How big is your page cache?
Is cache spill enabled?

See:
PRAGMA schema.cache_size;
https://sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_cache_size
PRAGMA cache_spill;
https://sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_cache_spill
PRAGMA schema.page_size;
https://sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_page_size
PRAGMA schema.cache_size;

Other things to look at:
PRAGMA schema.journal_size_limit;
https://sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_journal_size_limit
PRAGMA soft_heap_limit;
https://sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_soft_heap_limit

HTH

Kees Nuyt

Re: Unable to store 500MB size of row data even after define macro SQLITE_MAX_LENGTH

Dianne Dunn
How,do I get off this email list?? What is it for??

Sent from my iPad

> On Dec 8, 2017, at 7:30 AM, Kees Nuyt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 23:59:02 -0700 (MST), Durgesh
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> getting error "QSqlError("18", "Unable to bind parameters", "string or blob
>> too big")" while inserting a row data of size 500MB.
>>
>> However insertion of 450 MB is successful.
>>
>> Tried define the macro SQLITE_MAX_LENGTH with value of
>> SQLITE_MAX_LENGTH=2000000000 , larger than 500MB.
>>
>> pls suggest a way insertion can be done for more than 450 MB of data.
>>
>> I am using Qt SQL , for interfacing with sqlite db.
>
> What is the databases page size?
> How big is your page cache?
> Is cache spill enabled?
>
> See:
> PRAGMA schema.cache_size;
> https://sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_cache_size
> PRAGMA cache_spill;
> https://sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_cache_spill
> PRAGMA schema.page_size;
> https://sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_page_size
> PRAGMA schema.cache_size;
>
> Other things to look at:
> PRAGMA schema.journal_size_limit;
> https://sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_journal_size_limit
> PRAGMA soft_heap_limit;
> https://sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_soft_heap_limit
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Regards,
> Kees Nuyt

Re: Unable to store 500MB size of row data even after define macro SQLITE_MAX_LENGTH

Simon Slavin-3

On 9 Dec 2017, at 6:29am, Dianne Dunn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How,do I get off this email list?? What is it for??

Use the. link on the last line of every post, including this one.

Discussing SQLite.  Why and how did you join it if you didn’t know ?