Unexpected "out of memory" error in CLI edit() function

Unexpected "out of memory" error in CLI edit() function

Alex Kirchhoff
Hello,

I've encountered some unexpected behavior with the CLI's edit()
function.  In particular, when passing a BLOB to edit(), and the
result of the editor is an empty file, I get an out of memory error:

$ sqlite3 :memory: "select edit(x'', 'true')"
Error: out of memory

This works fine with TEXT values rather than BLOB values.  I suspect
this is a bug.

Thanks,
Alex

P.S.: I am not subscribed to this mailing list, so please CC me
directly on any replies.

Re: Unexpected "out of memory" error in CLI edit() function

Richard Hipp-3
Fixed here: https://www.sqlite.org/src/info/e32490128684cfee