Upcoming Conferences

D. Richard Hipp
2005-10-17 Sidney Australia

   Dan Kennedy presents two half-day tutorials on SQLite.  The first
   tutorial is an introduction to SQLite and the second is a detailed
   look at the internal organization of the SQLite code base.
   See http://www.auug.org.au/events/2005/auug2005/tutorials.html

2005-10-25 Portland, Oregon

   Richard Hipp presents two half-day tutorials on SQLite.  The first
   is a detailed look at using the Tcl/Tk binding for SQLite.  The
   second is a detailed look at the internal organization of the SQLite
   code base.  http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2005/tut2005.html

2005-11-08 Frankfort, Germany

   Zak Greant is giving a talk on SQLite at the Open Source Database
   Conference 05.  http://www.opendbcon.net/?dir=1&id=1#DF7

D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

Re: Upcoming Conferences

Gerald Dachs
> 2005-11-08 Frankfort, Germany

I guess you mean Frankfurt ;). Be aware that the are two cities in Germany
that are named Frankfurt. I expect that the Conference will be in Frankfurt
am Main and not in Frankfurt an der Oder.

Gerald

Re: Upcoming Conferences

"Gerald Dachs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > 2005-11-08 Frankfort, Germany
>
> I guess you mean Frankfurt ;). Be aware that the are two cities in Germany
> that are named Frankfurt. I expect that the Conference will be in Frankfurt
> am Main and not in Frankfurt an der Oder.

Yes.  I appologize for the misspelling.  And, No, I was not
aware of the second Frankfurt.  Frankfurt am Main is the only
one I had ever heard of.
D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

Re: Upcoming Conferences

Dan Kennedy

--- [hidden email] wrote:

> "Gerald Dachs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > 2005-11-08 Frankfort, Germany
> >
> > I guess you mean Frankfurt ;). Be aware that the are two cities in Germany
> > that are named Frankfurt. I expect that the Conference will be in Frankfurt
> > am Main and not in Frankfurt an der Oder.
> >

> Yes.  I appologize for the misspelling.  And, No, I was not
> aware of the second Frankfurt.  Frankfurt am Main is the only
> one I had ever heard of.

How about "Sidney" then? We're offended too! :)

__________________________________
Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

Re: Upcoming Conferences

Dan Kennedy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Yes.  I appologize for the misspelling.  And, No, I was not
> > aware of the second Frankfurt.  Frankfurt am Main is the only
> > one I had ever heard of.
>
> How about "Sidney" then? We're offended too! :)

If you haven't noticed already, spelling is not something
I am especially good at.  :-)

Clearly I need to add a spell checker to my home-grown
email client...

D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

Re: Upcoming Conferences

Gerald Dachs

> --- [hidden email] wrote:

>> > I guess you mean Frankfurt ;). Be aware that the are two cities in
>> Germany
>> > that are named Frankfurt. I expect that the Conference will be in
>> Frankfurt
>> > am Main and not in Frankfurt an der Oder.
>> >

>> Yes.  I appologize for the misspelling.  And, No, I was not
>> aware of the second Frankfurt.  Frankfurt am Main is the only
>> one I had ever heard of.
>
> How about "Sidney" then? We're offended too! :)

Sorry, but I was not offended, I am from Hamburg I don't care about
Frankfurt. I wanted to prevent only that D. Richard Hipp is using the
wrong
plane :).

Gerald

Gerald

Infinite loop on sqlite3_close()

Preston Zaugg
While running some performance tests i ran into a condition where
sqlite3_close got caught in an infinite loop.
The loop it gets caught in is on line main.c 194:
    while( pPrev && pPrev->pNext!=db ){
      pPrev = pPrev->pNext;
    }

This did not happen until i upgraded to 3.2.7, not the only change, but the
most significant. This is repeatable, but does not happen in the same spot
each time.

Is anybody else running into this?

Re: Upcoming Conferences

Jan-Eric Duden
[hidden email] wrote:

>Dan Kennedy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>>Yes.  I appologize for the misspelling.  And, No, I was not
>>>aware of the second Frankfurt.  Frankfurt am Main is the only
>>>one I had ever heard of.
>>>

>>How about "Sidney" then? We're offended too! :)
>>

>If you haven't noticed already, spelling is not something
>I am especially good at.  :-)
>
>Clearly I need to add a spell checker to my home-grown
>email client...
>
>--
>D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

The Thunderbird 1.5 Beta2  has online spell checking. May be thats
something for you!

:)

Re: Upcoming Conferences

Klint Gore
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 07:12:40 -0700 (PDT), Dan Kennedy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> --- [hidden email] wrote:

> > > I guess you mean Frankfurt ;). Be aware that the are two cities in Germany
> > > that are named Frankfurt. I expect that the Conference will be in Frankfurt
> > > am Main and not in Frankfurt an der Oder.
> > >

> > Yes.  I appologize for the misspelling.  And, No, I was not
> > aware of the second Frankfurt.  Frankfurt am Main is the only
> > one I had ever heard of.
>
> How about "Sidney" then? We're offended too! :)

It can't be any worse than what's his name anouncing the sydney
olympics.

At $600, I don't think I'll be attending the tutorial no matter how
Sydney is spelt.
http://www.auug.org.au/events/2005/auug2005/AUUG-2005-Conf-Brochure.pdf

klint.

+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
: Klint Gore                            : "Non rhyming    :
: EMail   : [hidden email]           :  slang - the    :
: Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilities  :
: Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :
:           Armidale NSW 2351 Australia :     L.J.J.      :
: Fax     : +61 2 6772 5376             :                 :
+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

Re: Upcoming Conferences

Jolan Luff
On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 01:19:24PM +1000, Klint Gore wrote:

> > How about "Sidney" then? We're offended too! :)
>
> It can't be any worse than what's his name anouncing the sydney
> olympics.
>
> At $600, I don't think I'll be attending the tutorial no matter how
> Sydney is spelt.
> http://www.auug.org.au/events/2005/auug2005/AUUG-2005-Conf-Brochure.pdf
>
> +---------------------------------------+-----------------+
> : Klint Gore                            : "Non rhyming    :
> : EMail   : [hidden email]           :  slang - the    :
> : Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilities  :
> : Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :

Not that I really see how conferencing pricing is relevant on this list
but there is special pricing for full-time students/unemployed.

Re: Infinite loop on sqlite3_close()

"Preston Zaugg" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> While running some performance tests i ran into a condition where
> sqlite3_close got caught in an infinite loop.
> The loop it gets caught in is on line main.c 194:
>     while( pPrev && pPrev->pNext!=db ){
>       pPrev = pPrev->pNext;
>     }
>
> This did not happen until i upgraded to 3.2.7, not the only change, but the
> most significant. This is repeatable, but does not happen in the same spot
> each time.

I am unable to reproduce the problem.

D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

Re: Infinite loop on sqlite3_close()

Jens Miltner

Am 10.10.2005 um 16:53 schrieb Preston Zaugg:

> While running some performance tests i ran into a condition where
> sqlite3_close got caught in an infinite loop.
> The loop it gets caught in is on line main.c 194:
>    while( pPrev && pPrev->pNext!=db ){
>      pPrev = pPrev->pNext;
>    }
>
> This did not happen until i upgraded to 3.2.7, not the only change,
> but the most significant. This is repeatable, but does not happen
> in the same spot each time.
>
> Is anybody else running into this?

I've once seen a similar problem and it was caused by missing thread
synchronization. Are you using multiple threads? If so, did you
configure sqlite as thread safe?

</jum>

Re: Infinite loop on sqlite3_close()

Preston Zaugg

>From: Jens Miltner <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: [sqlite] Infinite loop on sqlite3_close()
>Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:38:04 +0200
>

>Am 10.10.2005 um 16:53 schrieb Preston Zaugg:
>
>>While running some performance tests i ran into a condition where
>>sqlite3_close got caught in an infinite loop.
>>The loop it gets caught in is on line main.c 194:
>>    while( pPrev && pPrev->pNext!=db ){
>>      pPrev = pPrev->pNext;
>>    }
>>
>>This did not happen until i upgraded to 3.2.7, not the only change,  but
>>the most significant. This is repeatable, but does not happen  in the same
>>spot each time.
>>
>>Is anybody else running into this?
>
>I've once seen a similar problem and it was caused by missing thread
>synchronization. Are you using multiple threads? If so, did you  configure
>sqlite as thread safe?
>
></jum>

Yes.. that was my problem. Thank you very much!