Use with Visual Studio

Roger Schlueter
I am considering using the .net version of SQLite but have two questions:

 1. The documentation lists the versions of Visual Studio that are
    supported.  VS2017 is NOT listed.  Is VS2017 supported.
 2. The documentation states "Due to Visual Studio licensing
    restrictions, the Express Editions can no longer be supported."
    (Yes, in red).  However, Microsoft no longer uses the phrase
    "Express Edition" but rather calls the freebie version "Community".
    Is this just semantics or does the red warning still apply to
    Community?  Also, I am unaware of any "licensing restrictions" on
    the Community editions that would preclude the use of SQLite.  Are
    there such restrictions and, if so, what are they?

Roger

Re: Use with Visual Studio

Chris Locke-3
I use system.data.sqlite.dll (taken from here:
https://system.data.sqlite.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/downloads.wiki)
with no problems in both VS 2017 Professional and VS 2017 Community.

Thanks,
Chris

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 2:47 AM Roger Schlueter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am considering using the .net version of SQLite but have two questions:
>
>  1. The documentation lists the versions of Visual Studio that are
>     supported.  VS2017 is NOT listed.  Is VS2017 supported.
>  2. The documentation states "Due to Visual Studio licensing
>     restrictions, the Express Editions can no longer be supported."
>     (Yes, in red).  However, Microsoft no longer uses the phrase
>     "Express Edition" but rather calls the freebie version "Community".
>     Is this just semantics or does the red warning still apply to
>     Community?  Also, I am unaware of any "licensing restrictions" on
>     the Community editions that would preclude the use of SQLite.  Are
>     there such restrictions and, if so, what are they?
>
> Roger

Re: Use with Visual Studio

Mike King-6
Same here. Again, I download it from the main system.data site. No problems
at all.

Cheers

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 at 06:57, Chris Locke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I use system.data.sqlite.dll (taken from here:
> https://system.data.sqlite.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/downloads.wiki)
> with no problems in both VS 2017 Professional and VS 2017 Community.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
>

> On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 2:47 AM Roger Schlueter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I am considering using the .net version of SQLite but have two questions:
> >
> >  1. The documentation lists the versions of Visual Studio that are
> >     supported.  VS2017 is NOT listed.  Is VS2017 supported.
> >  2. The documentation states "Due to Visual Studio licensing
> >     restrictions, the Express Editions can no longer be supported."
> >     (Yes, in red).  However, Microsoft no longer uses the phrase
> >     "Express Edition" but rather calls the freebie version "Community".
> >     Is this just semantics or does the red warning still apply to
> >     Community?  Also, I am unaware of any "licensing restrictions" on
> >     the Community editions that would preclude the use of SQLite.  Are
> >     there such restrictions and, if so, what are they?
> >
> > Roger

Re: Use with Visual Studio

J Decker
there's also nuget package for sqlite which handles updates pretty well.
(IMO)