Version 3.2.8 and 2.8.17

D. Richard Hipp
New versions of SQLite 2 and 3 are now available on the website.

  http://www.sqlite.org/

These new versions contain a one-line fix to a problem that can
lead to database corruption.  The problem has been in the code
for almost 4 years and has so far gone unnoticed, suggesting that
it is not a serious concern.  But because it can lead to database
corruption, upgrading is recommended.

D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

Re: Version 3.2.8 and 2.8.17

Gerry Snyder
[hidden email] wrote:

>New versions of SQLite 2 and 3 are now available on the website.
>
>  http://www.sqlite.org/

Is the omission of tcl bindings for 2.8.17 deliberate? They are not
listed for either linux or Windows.

Re: Version 3.2.8 and 2.8.17

Derrell Lipman
[hidden email] writes:

> New versions of SQLite 2 and 3 are now available on the website.
>
>   http://www.sqlite.org/
>
> These new versions contain a one-line fix to a problem that can
> lead to database corruption.  The problem has been in the code
> for almost 4 years and has so far gone unnoticed, suggesting that
> it is not a serious concern.  But because it can lead to database
> corruption, upgrading is recommended.

The source file 2.8.17.tar.gz available on the download page is only 45 bytes
long.  I think that's a bit incomplete. :-)

Also, any chance you could post (or email me, if it's not of general interest)
the small patch to 2.8.16 that generated this version (or give me the CVS
command or revision id's to determine the difference in the 2.8 branch)?

Thanks!

Derrell

Re: Version 3.2.8 and 2.8.17

[hidden email] wrote:

> [hidden email] writes:
>
> > New versions of SQLite 2 and 3 are now available on the website.
> >
> >   http://www.sqlite.org/
> >
> > These new versions contain a one-line fix to a problem that can
> > lead to database corruption.  The problem has been in the code
> > for almost 4 years and has so far gone unnoticed, suggesting that
> > it is not a serious concern.  But because it can lead to database
> > corruption, upgrading is recommended.
>
> The source file 2.8.17.tar.gz available on the download page is only 45 bytes
> long.  I think that's a bit incomplete. :-)
>
> Also, any chance you could post (or email me, if it's not of general interest)
> the small patch to 2.8.16 that generated this version (or give me the CVS
> command or revision id's to determine the difference in the 2.8 branch)?

I have a backlog today.  I will fix the build problems as I am
able, but you might have to wait a few days.

The patch is http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/chngview?cn=2832

You can always get the latest patches by visiting the timeline.
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/timeline

--
D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>