Was there an announcement of 3.27?

Jens Alfke-2
I see 3.27 was released yesterday (and quickly followed up with 3.27.1.) I only discovered this because the post asking about VACUUM INTO gave me a clue that this might be a newly-released feature, so I went to the release-history page. We’ve been awaiting this release because it fixes a bad query bug we reported.

Was there an email posted to this list announcing the release? I didn’t see one, but it’s possible my spam filter went haywire.

—Jens

Re: Was there an announcement of 3.27?

Christian Schmitz

> Am 08.02.2019 um 18:43 schrieb Jens Alfke <[hidden email]>:
>
> I see 3.27 was released yesterday (and quickly followed up with 3.27.1.) I

The announcement was on the [hidden email] list.

3.27 was ready to go, a bug was found, so 3.27.1 was announced today, so everyone could skip 3.27.

Sincerely
Christian

--
Read our blog about news on our plugins:

http://www.mbsplugins.de/

Re: Was there an announcement of 3.27?

David Raymond
As mentioned the release announcements is a separate mailing list, so people can get those without being deluged by stuff from this list. Pasting the announcement here.

Re: Was there an announcement of 3.27?

Simon Slavin-3
On 8 Feb 2019, at 6:25pm, David Raymond <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  https://sqlite.org/releaselog/3_27_1.html

"Add options "--expanded", "--normalized", "--plain", "--profile", "--row", "--stmt", and "--close" to the ".trace" command."

Is there a discussion of these anywhere ?

Re: Was there an announcement of 3.27?

Richard Hipp-3
On 2/8/19, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 8 Feb 2019, at 6:25pm, David Raymond <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>  https://sqlite.org/releaselog/3_27_1.html
>
> "Add options "--expanded", "--normalized", "--plain", "--profile", "--row",
> "--stmt", and "--close" to the ".trace" command."
>
> Is there a discussion of these anywhere ?

Not that I know of, apart from the ".help" text in the CLI.

Re: Was there an announcement of 3.27?

Dominique Pellé
David Raymond wrote:

> SQLite version 3.27.1 is now available on the SQLite website:
>
>   https://sqlite.org/
>   https://sqlite.org/download.html
>   https://sqlite.org/releaselog/3_27_1.html

Release notes https://sqlite.org/releaselog/3_27_1.html say:

=== BEGIN QUOTE ===
Added the remove_diacritics=2 option to FTS3 and FTS5.
=== END QUOTE ===

I wonder that this does.  FTS3 or FTS5 doc were not updated,
since they only document remove_diacritics=0 and 1.

I also use the opportunity to report a few typos in
https://sqlite.org/fts5.html:

- the second character replaced with an *asterix* (-> asterisk)
- fts5 extension function made as part *of of* (repeated word "of")
-  *an the* (-> the) auxiliary data is set to NULL

Regards
Dominique

Re: Was there an announcement of 3.27?

J. King-3
On February 8, 2019 3:31:51 PM EST, "Dominique Pellé" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>David Raymond wrote:
>
>> SQLite version 3.27.1 is now available on the SQLite website:
>>
>>   https://sqlite.org/
>>   https://sqlite.org/download.html
>>   https://sqlite.org/releaselog/3_27_1.html
>
>Release notes https://sqlite.org/releaselog/3_27_1.html say:
>
>=== BEGIN QUOTE ===
>Added the remove_diacritics=2 option to FTS3 and FTS5.
>=== END QUOTE ===
>
>I wonder that this does.  FTS3 or FTS5 doc were not updated,
>since they only document remove_diacritics=0 and 1.
>
>I also use the opportunity to report a few typos in
>https://sqlite.org/fts5.html:
>
>- the second character replaced with an *asterix* (-> asterisk)
>- fts5 extension function made as part *of of* (repeated word "of")
>-  *an the* (-> the) auxiliary data is set to NULL
>
>Regards
>Dominique

I'm sure someone savvier will correct me, but the source does indicate that 1 is "simple" and 2 "complex". It's not entirely clear, but it seems like " complex" is able to handle multiple diacritics on one base character and "simple" cannot?
--
J. King

Re: Was there an announcement of 3.27?

Dan Kennedy-4

On 9/2/62 03:31, Dominique Pellé wrote:

> David Raymond wrote:
>
>> SQLite version 3.27.1 is now available on the SQLite website:
>>
>>    https://sqlite.org/
>>    https://sqlite.org/download.html
>>    https://sqlite.org/releaselog/3_27_1.html
> Release notes https://sqlite.org/releaselog/3_27_1.html say:
>
> === BEGIN QUOTE ===
> Added the remove_diacritics=2 option to FTS3 and FTS5.
> === END QUOTE ===
>
> I wonder that this does.  FTS3 or FTS5 doc were not updated,
> since they only document remove_diacritics=0 and 1.

Thanks for reporting this. And the typos. I just added the following to
the docs:

remove_diacritics:

   This option should be set to "0", "1" or "2". The default value is
"1". If it is set to "1" or "2", then diacritics are removed from Latin
script characters as described above. However, if it is set to "1", then
diacritics are not removed in the fairly uncommon case where a single
unicode codepoint is used to represent a character with more that one
diacritic. For example, diacritics are not removed from codepoint 0x1ED9
("LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH CIRCUMFLEX AND DOT BELOW"). This is
technically a bug, but cannot be fixed without creating backwards
compatibility problems. If this option is set to "2", then diacritics
are correctly removed from all Latin characters.

Dan.