Why SQLite does not use a web-based forum?

Why SQLite does not use a web-based forum?

admin
Hi,

Why SQLite does not utilize a web-based forum for all users discuss
problems? I think that will be more convenient and can help more people.

Thanks

Re: Why SQLite does not use a web-based forum?

Simon Slavin-3

On 15 Feb 2016, at 1:19am, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Why SQLite does not utilize a web-based forum for all users discuss
> problems? I think that will be more convenient and can help more people.

You can access this mailing list using Nabble:

<http://sqlite.1065341.n5.nabble.com>

And you can find gmane.comp.db.sqlite.general in the expected place.

Re: Why SQLite does not use a web-based forum?

Roger Binns

Re: Why SQLite does not use a web-based forum?

Nicolas Jäger
hi,

> > Why SQLite does not utilize a web-based forum for all users
> > discuss problems? I think that will be more convenient and can help
> > more people.

not agree! mailing lists are much more easier to use. Open your email in whatever client and you
can see the whole discussions open in all mailing list you suscribe. No more tons of accounts with
tons of pass and tons of usernames etc.

the only things I miss it's the code balises, but the best solution is to use some pastebin anyway.

forums links break much more often than mailing list for whatever reason, updated, deleted, domain
closed...

last thing, (still pro), even if it's not an obligation and verified, people tend more to use their
real name.

regards
Nicolas

Re: Why SQLite does not use a web-based forum?

Tim Streater-3
On 15 Feb 2016 at 01:19, [hidden email] wrote:

> Why SQLite does not utilize a web-based forum for all users discuss
> problems? I think that will be more convenient and can help more people.

Anyone using SQLite should be able to cope with a mailing list. A list such as this is much quicker and more convenient than any web-based forum.

--
Cheers  --  Tim

Re: s::[i] Why SQLite does not use a web-based forum?

Drago, William @ CSG - NARDA-MITEQ
Send your question to a mailing list and a large number of people see it right away. Discussion follows as quickly as email can be sent and rec'd. You get the answer to your question in the least possible time. Post your question on a web-based forum and it will take much longer for the same number of people to see it, and most of those people are there trying to solve their own problems not help you with yours.

--
Bill Drago
Staff Engineer

CONFIDENTIALITY, EXPORT CONTROL AND DISCLAIMER NOTE:This e-mail and any attachments are solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. Any disclosure, use or distribution of the information contained herein is prohibited. In the event this e-mail contains technical data within the definition of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or Export Administration Regulations, it is subject to the export control laws of the U.S.Government. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses as L-3 does not accept any liability associated with the transmission of this e-mail. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and immediately delete this message and any attachments.

Re: Why SQLite does not use a web-based forum?

KlaasV
N.N. <[hidden email]> wrote Mon, 15 Feb 2016 09:19:11 +0800:

>Why SQLite does not utilize a web-based forum for all users discuss
>problems? I think that will be more convenient and can help more people.

LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com) has two: "SQLite" and "SQLite Professional" and I'm pretty sure that on sites like StackOverflow, gitHub etc. there are lots of colleagues willing to discuss SQLite issues.

Kind regards/Vriendelijke groeten.
Klaas `Z4us` Van B., CEO/CIO LI#437429414
Klaas "Z4us" V, MetaDBA at InnocentIsArt.EU

On 16 Feb 2016, at 11:08am, Klaas Van B. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> N.N. <[hidden email]> wrote Mon, 15 Feb 2016 09:19:11 +0800:
>
>> Why SQLite does not utilize a web-based forum for all users discuss
>> problems? I think that will be more convenient and can help more people.
>
> LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com) has two: "SQLite" and "SQLite Professional" and I'm pretty sure that on sites like StackOverflow, gitHub etc. there are lots of colleagues willing to discuss SQLite issues.

SQLite Professional is an old name for SQLPro.  It's an application for editing SQLite databases.  It's not SQLite.