Why not text mode for file from .output?

Why not text mode for file from .output?

Larry Brasfield

I notice that the file written by the CLI shell’s .output command, on the Windows platform, does not have CRLF line ends.  From the code in v3.25.0 and v3.26.0 (pre-release), it appears that the file named as the .output parameter is opened in binary mode. (bTxtMode is left at its initialized value of 0.)

The rationale for this escapes me.  I think it is likely a bug.  It can be worked around, of course, but I cannot see why binary mode would ever be preferred for what is essentially text.