Why there is duplicated sha1 functions in sqlite3 sources ?

Why there is duplicated sha1 functions in sqlite3 sources ?

Domingo Alvarez Duarte
Hello !

I'm making a build of sqlite3 that includes sha1 and shathree and other
extensions, then made some changes to makefiles (Makefile.in, main.mk)
then when trying to run the tests I got an error "multiple definition of
'SHA1Transform'" when trying to link dbhash.c .

Why is sha1 duplicated on dbhash.c instead of reusing the one in
ext/misc/sha1.c ?

Also I'm still waiting to know why sha1.c sqlite_extension return a hex
string but shathree return a binary string ?

It seems that some cleanup can be done here !

Cheers !