Quantcast

Win 10 Anniv. Ed. lifts the MAX_PATH 260 limitation

Win 10 Anniv. Ed. lifts the MAX_PATH 260 limitation

Rail Jon Rogut
Windows 10 Anniversary Edition allows the user to remove the 260 character limitation in MAX_PATH — any thoughts on updating the code to handle longer paths?

        Rail

Re: Win 10 Anniv. Ed. lifts the MAX_PATH 260 limitation

Jan Nijtmans
> Windows 10 Anniversary Edition allows the user to remove the 260 character limitation in MAX_PATH — any thoughts on updating the code to handle longer paths?

Current SQLite can already do that, no need for Windows 10 even, just use the
"win32-longpath" VFS, and prefix all paths with a special prefix.

My personal opinion is that this is clumsy, it would be much easier for
if SQLite added this special prefix internally without the user noticing.
Actually ... I have a patch for SQLite doing exactly that.

If someone is interested, just let me know, I'm happy to provide
this patch to the SQLite developers, or anyone else interested.

Regards,
       Jan Nijtmans