XML into sqlite

Carlos A. Gorricho (HGSAS)

How would you recommend to drop XML data into an sqlite DB? I am guessing there is more than one way.

I thought of importing XML into Excel, converting to csv, for further import into sqlite, now that I know how to import csv into sqlite ... almost always! But this seems like a long haul.

Cheers,

CARLOS A.

Sent from my iPad

Re: XML into sqlite

Gert Van Assche-2
I'm using XSLT to create CSV.

gert

> How would you recommend to drop XML data into an sqlite DB? I am guessing
> there is more than one way.
>
> I thought of importing XML into Excel, converting to csv, for further
> import into sqlite, now that I know how to import csv into sqlite ...
> almost always! But this seems like a long haul.
>
> Cheers,
>
> CARLOS A.
>

> Sent from my iPad

Re: XML into sqlite

On 11 Sep 2014, at 6:04am, Carlos A. Gorricho <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How would you recommend to drop XML data into an sqlite DB? I am guessing there is more than one way.

Is this a one-time thing or are you going to have to do it every month/week ?

Do you have a favourite programming language, or do you want to do this with some combination of spreadsheets, word processing or shell commands ?

Re: XML into sqlite

Carlos A. Gorricho (HGSAS)
For the time being, it's a one-off thing. In the future it could become regular.

I used to solve all my analytical DB needs with MS Access. Since I migrated to a Mac I decided to look for a new DB engine and am exploring sqlite.

I have been running a couple of tests, based on actual data problems I have solved in the past with Access. So far, I have been able to replicate everything.

Next step is to venture into XML - sqlite integration...both ways. With some restrictions, it worked well between Access and XML, via Excel.

Cheers,

CARLOS A.

Sent from my iPad

> On 11/09/2014, at 6:04, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 11 Sep 2014, at 6:04am, Carlos A. Gorricho <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> How would you recommend to drop XML data into an sqlite DB? I am guessing there is more than one way.
>
> Is this a one-time thing or are you going to have to do it every month/week ?
>
> Do you have a favourite programming language, or do you want to do this with some combination of spreadsheets, word processing or shell commands ?
>
> Simon.

Re: XML into sqlite

Petite Abeille-2

On Sep 11, 2014, at 5:45 PM, Carlos A. Gorricho <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Next step is to venture into XML - sqlite integration...both ways.

Considering you are on a *nix system, you may find Dan Egnor’s xml2 set of command line utilities of interest:

http://www.ofb.net/~egnor/xml2/

Allows for rather straightforward transformation of XML into something more palpable, and back.

Unsubscription

Venkatarangan MJ
How do I unsubscribe from the group as I have stopped using SQLITE from quite some time now?

Thanks.

Regards
Rangan.

Re: Unsubscription

jose isaias cabrera
"Venkatarangan MJ" wrote...

> How do I unsubscribe from the group as I have stopped using SQLITE from
> quite some time now?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards
> Rangan.

Look at the bottom of this email and click on the last link.  I think you
can figure it out the rest.

jic

Re: Unsubscription

KlaasV
Venkatarangan MJ wrote:

>How do I unsubscribe from the group as I have stopped using SQLITE from quite some time now?
>Thanks.
>Regards
>Rangan.

Send a message with subject or body 'help' to [hidden email]

This is written in the header of each digest; I don't know about single messages.
We're sorry to see one of us go as a user of the greatest RDBMS on planet Earth :-|

As they say in Italy:in bocca al lupo

Kind regards | Cordiali saluti | Vriendelijke groeten | Freundliche Grüsse,
Klaas `Z4us` V  - OrcID 0000-0001-7190-2544
Klaas "Z4us" V, MetaDBA at InnocentIsArt.EU