Zip file with prebuilt DLL incomplete

Arjen Markus
Hello,

I downloaded the sqlitedll-3_2_7.zip file the other day
to do some initial experiments with SQLite, but it turns
out that this zip-file only contains the DLL itself and
the definitions file.

If I understand it correctly, it is possible to link
against the DLL using that definition file, but it is
more common to use the import library.

But even so, the sqlite3.h header file is missing.
So the zip-file as such is not useable.

Kind regards,

Arjen Markus

Re: Zip file with prebuilt DLL incomplete

Cory Nelson
Indeed it should probably include sqlite3.h, but you are supposed to
generate an import .lib for your compiler using the .def file. VC++ comes
with lib.exe, I'm not sure how you do it with others.

Cory Nelson
http://www.int64.org

Cory Nelson wrote:

> Indeed it should probably include sqlite3.h, but you are supposed to
> generate an import .lib for your compiler using the .def file. VC++ comes
> with lib.exe, I'm not sure how you do it with others.

I know that the GNU compilers have a similar utility - I just have never
used either (being lazy, I mostly rely on the compiler to provide the
.lib file - that does require the use of non-standard keywords, but
you can hide those).

Anyway, the header file is needed, as you say.

Regards,

Arjen