calculated columns in views

Istvan Heckl
Hi!

I use Visual studio with SQlCeToolbox. First I thought I found an error in
the  SQlCeToolbox but the author said " As suspected, this is a bug deep
down in System.Data.SQLite"

The error is detailed in:
https://github.com/ErikEJ/SqlCeToolbox/issues/612

Because of this bug at the moment SQLite can not be used with Entity
Framework if calculated columns are involved.

--
Üdvözlettel, / Best wishes,
István

Re: calculated columns in views

Simon Slavin-3
On 12 Feb 2018, at 6:00pm, Istvan Heckl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Because of this bug at the moment SQLite can not be used with Entity
> Framework if calculated columns are involved.

SQLite does not have calculated columns.  There is no such feature in SQLite.  Therefore there can't be a bug in it.

Comments near the bottom of the path suggest that ErikEJ has implemented a work-around for the problem.  If there is a remaining problem, please feel free to  tell us which feature of SQLite isn't working properly and provide a SQLite schema/statement which demonstrates the problem.  That'll be something we can work with.

Re: calculated columns in views

Clemens Ladisch
Simon Slavin wrote:
> On 12 Feb 2018, at 6:00pm, Istvan Heckl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Because of this bug at the moment SQLite can not be used with Entity
>> Framework if calculated columns are involved.
>
> SQLite does not have calculated columns.

I guess he means something like this (which works fine in plain SQLite):

  $ sqlite3
  sqlite> create view v as select 1, 2+3, 4 as x;
  sqlite> .header on
  sqlite> .mode columns
  sqlite> select * from v;
  1           2+3         x
  1           5           4

But I doubt that System.Data.SQLite removes the result column names.

Regards,
Clemens