case-insensitivity of keywords are hardly documented

case-insensitivity of keywords are hardly documented

Aapo Rantalainen
Hi, I'm just doing some 'software archeology' and I found that:
on Nov 21 01:02:00 2004
FossilOrigin-Name: ac72a1d5518f7b505ae2a1bd3be3d71db461ae7e
git: f8565825622a1ed48bdaa835968a1137b2ffa593

This sentence have been dropped out of documentation:
"Keyword matching in SQLite is case-insensitive."

https://github.com/sqlite/sqlite/commit/f8565825622a1ed48bdaa835968a1137b2ffa593#diff-b43337792fa9656f4e2ae1351e18bee6L1556

Can anybody say what happened at that time? This sentence seems to not
been there ever since. Just by using SQLite man can say that keywords
are case-insensitive, but why it is not documented explicitly anymore?

-Aapo Rantalainen

Re: case-insensitivity of keywords are hardly documented

Jean-Luc Hainaut
On 7/02/2020 20:08, Aapo Rantalainen wrote:

> Hi, I'm just doing some 'software archeology' and I found that:
> on Nov 21 01:02:00 2004
> FossilOrigin-Name: ac72a1d5518f7b505ae2a1bd3be3d71db461ae7e
> git: f8565825622a1ed48bdaa835968a1137b2ffa593
>
> This sentence have been dropped out of documentation:
> "Keyword matching in SQLite is case-insensitive."
>
> https://github.com/sqlite/sqlite/commit/f8565825622a1ed48bdaa835968a1137b2ffa593#diff-b43337792fa9656f4e2ae1351e18bee6L1556
>
> Can anybody say what happened at that time? This sentence seems to not
> been there ever since. Just by using SQLite man can say that keywords
> are case-insensitive, but why it is not documented explicitly anymore?

Keyword case-insensitivity is a requirement of the SQL standard(s), not
an SQLite feature. One can suppose that removing this from SQLite info
was just a way to remove noise from SQLite documentation.

J-L Hainaut