compile sqlite in Windows

Bo Chen

Hello there,

I need sqlite .lib file and .dll file in Windows. I downloaded
precompiled binaries for Windows. The package only contains a .dll file
and a .def file. I also downloaded the source code. However, it does not
include Makefile and other utility files. Does anyone have idea where I
can get .lib file or Makefile in Windows. Thank you for your help.

Bo Chen

RE: compile sqlite in Windows

Aaron Schneider
There's a version of the source code download that is configured for
Windows.  Just add all the files to a DLL project and compile.  If you
don't use TCL (we don't), then just remove tclsqlite.c from the project.

Don't forget to define THREADSAFE in your preprocessor defines!

(Or you could learn the mysteries of LoadLibrary() and GetProcAddress()
to use the dll you already downloaded.)

(I just compiled the windows DLL version 2.8.16 last week for the first
time.)

Aaron

Bo Chen

Re: compile sqlite in Windows

Cory Nelson
you can build a .lib from the .def - please read your compilers
documentation.  (vc++ comes with lib.exe)

Cory Nelson
http://www.int64.org

Re: compile sqlite in Windows

Bo Chen

Hello Cory

I got the .lib file. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

One more question, I found that two external variables sqlite3_version and
sqlite3_temp_directory do not work in Windows version. Do you know how to
fix this problem?

Bo Chen