database disk image is malformed

Drew, Stephen
Hello,

Assuming there is no external interference, how could one cause this
error to occur through embedded use of SQLite?  And why, following a
restart of my application, does it not happen again immediately?  It
seems most odd...

Any clues would be most appreciated. This is SQLite 2.8.15.

Regards,
Steve

Re: database disk image is malformed

Christian Smith
On Thu, 26 May 2005, Drew, Stephen wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Assuming there is no external interference, how could one cause this
>error to occur through embedded use of SQLite?  And why, following a
>restart of my application, does it not happen again immediately?  It
>seems most odd...
>
>Any clues would be most appreciated. This is SQLite 2.8.15.

Without details, it's difficult to say. What platform you running on? Is
the file on a network drive? Have you checked your application against
buffer overruns and stray pointers?

--
    /"\
    \ /    ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
     X                           - AGAINST MS ATTACHMENTS
    / \

RE: database disk image is malformed

Drew, Stephen
Sorry for the lack of information.

I'm using Windows 2000, the file is on a local drive with full access
permissions. I've done some checking on memory over the last few weeks,
but nothing conclusive so I will give this a go.

The odd thing is it happens during a piece of functionality that is used
continuously, yet the error only surface occasionally, and the disk
image is no longer malformed when I restart the application.

Thanks.
Steve

--
    /"\

On Fri, 27 May 2005, Drew, Stephen wrote:

>Sorry for the lack of information.
>
>I'm using Windows 2000, the file is on a local drive with full access
>permissions. I've done some checking on memory over the last few weeks,
>but nothing conclusive so I will give this a go.
>
>The odd thing is it happens during a piece of functionality that is used
>continuously, yet the error only surface occasionally, and the disk
>image is no longer malformed when I restart the application.

Why do you think the disk image is malformed? Do you get a SQLITE_CORRUPT
error? What functionality are you using when you get the error? Is it
always the same functionality and/or the same error?

--
    /"\