difference in file size netween MAC and Windows

difference in file size netween MAC and Windows

Lidia Kalinovsky
Hello

Attached are 2 db empty (no data) files, created with same code.
MAC.sqlite is created on MAC and Windows.sqlite is created on Windows.

We use sqlite3.lib on Windows and libsqlite3.dylib on MAC.
There is big difference in file size - file created on Windows is match
smaller than MAC one.
This is significant difference for our application.

Can somebody advice ?

Thanks.
Lidia.

--
Software integration and outsourcing services,
Lemur-Soft, Giv'at Nili

Re: difference in file size netween MAC and Windows

Clemens Ladisch
Lidia Kalinovsky wrote:
> Attached are 2 db empty (no data) files

This list does not allow attachments.

> There is big difference in file size - file created on Windows is match
> smaller than MAC one.

Due to differences in the way these OSes report the sector size,
the default page size is different.

If this matters for you, change it before actually creating the
database file:
<http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_page_size>

Regards,
Clemens

Re: difference in file size netween MAC and Windows

Lidia Kalinovsky
thanks a lot.