downloading older versions

Mark Wagner
I'm trying to download older versions of sqlite to check the behavior
of various bugs but I'm having trouble finding them.

For example to get

SQLite version 3.8.6.1 2017-07-21 03:23:38

I have tried:

https://www.sqlite.org/2017/sqlite-tools-linux-x86-3080601.zip

Should that have worked?  Note that I've tried various "year"
components on the path as well.

-- Mark

Re: downloading older versions

David Raymond
I think you've got the right idea, but where are you seeing that there was ever a 3.8.6.1?
I don't see it anywhere on https://www.sqlite.org/changes.html, and 3.8.5 was in 2014

Re: downloading older versions

Chris Brody
From https://www.sqlite.org/chronology.html you should be able to
click on the date, then click on the check-in hash number, then click
the link after "Downloads:" to download a ZIP, TAR, or SQLAR of the
older version. Keep in mind that this gives you a snapshot of the
source tree, you would have to build your own amalgamation.

I wish this would be a little more intuitive.

It would probably be ideal if you could start using the fossil tool.