Quantcast

error 6410 after upgrade to 3.17.0 on android

error 6410 after upgrade to 3.17.0 on android

Alexandre Mainville
Hi,

I just upgraded from sqlite 3.8.8.3 to 3.17.0. (I use zipvfs 3.17.0)

On android, I get error SQLITE_IOERR_GETTEMPPATH (6410) when I try to
create a new DB.

I checked that SQLITE_TEMP_STORE is properly set to 3 in Android.mk

Is there something else I need to force all temp files to memory?

Thanks

Alex

                   Caused by:
org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteDiskIOException: disk I/O error (code 6410)
                      at
org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.nativeExecute(Native Method)
                      at
org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.execute(SQLiteConnection.java:571)
                      at
org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.setLocaleFromConfiguration(SQLiteConnection.java:381)
                      at
org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(SQLiteConnection.java:227)
                      at
org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(SQLiteConnection.java:201)
                      at
org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.openConnectionLocked(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:467)
                      at
org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.open(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:189)
                      at
org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.open(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:181)
                      at
org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openInner(SQLiteDatabase.java:809)
                      at
org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.open(SQLiteDatabase.java:794)
                      at
org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openDatabase(SQLiteDatabase.java:699)
                      at
org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openOrCreateDatabase(SQLiteDatabase.java:714)

*__________________________________________*
*ALEXANDRE MAINVILLE*
Software Architect

*iBwave*
7075, Robert-Joncas, Suite 95
Montreal, Quebec, H4M 2Z2, Canada
www.ibwave.com

T +1 514-397-0606 ext. 422
F +1 514-409-2499
[hidden email]

blog <http://www.ibwave.com/blog> | facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/iBwave> | linkedin
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2720825> | twitter
<http://www.twitter.com/ibwave> |

This email, including all attachments, is intended only for the named
recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized
use, review, retransmission or dissemination of this email is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, or are not the named
recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original
and all copies of this email. Thank you.

Re: error 6410 after upgrade to 3.17.0 on android

Richard Hipp-3
On 2/21/17, Alexandre Mainville <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded from sqlite 3.8.8.3 to 3.17.0. (I use zipvfs 3.17.0)
>
> On android, I get error SQLITE_IOERR_GETTEMPPATH (6410) when I try to
> create a new DB.
>
> I checked that SQLITE_TEMP_STORE is properly set to 3 in Android.mk

That error is only generated in one place (on unix systems):

    https://www.sqlite.org/src/artifact/30e2c43e4?ln=5460

I added an "assert(0)" on the previous line and compiled ZIPVFS
version 3.17.0 with -DSQLITE_TEMP_STORE=3 and -DSQLITE_DEBUG (the
second to enable asserts).  I could not get the assert to fail.

Are you sure compiling correctly and that you are using the freshly
compiled code?  What does this SQL statement return:

    SELECT * FROM pragma_compile_options;

You should get back multiple lines, one of which should says
"TEMP_STORE=3" if the makefile is working correctly.

Re: error 6410 after upgrade to 3.17.0 on android

Dan Kennedy-4
On 02/22/2017 12:11 AM, Alexandre Mainville wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded from sqlite 3.8.8.3 to 3.17.0. (I use zipvfs 3.17.0)
>
> On android, I get error SQLITE_IOERR_GETTEMPPATH (6410) when I try to
> create a new DB.
>
> I checked that SQLITE_TEMP_STORE is properly set to 3 in Android.mk
>
> Is there something else I need to force all temp files to memory?

Not as far as I know. The Android tests pass here, and although they are
quite limited there are a couple of tests that create temp files.

Do you get the error if you use the *.aar file from the website?

   sqlite.org/download.html

Or do you have a smallish Android Studio project that we can use to
debug the problem?

Dan.

> Thanks
>
> Alex
>

>                     Caused by:
> org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteDiskIOException: disk I/O error (code 6410)
>                        at
> org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.nativeExecute(Native Method)
>                        at
> org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.execute(SQLiteConnection.java:571)
>                        at
> org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.setLocaleFromConfiguration(SQLiteConnection.java:381)
>                        at
> org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(SQLiteConnection.java:227)
>                        at
> org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(SQLiteConnection.java:201)
>                        at
> org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.openConnectionLocked(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:467)
>                        at
> org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.open(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:189)
>                        at
> org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.open(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:181)
>                        at
> org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openInner(SQLiteDatabase.java:809)
>                        at
> org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.open(SQLiteDatabase.java:794)
>                        at
> org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openDatabase(SQLiteDatabase.java:699)
>                        at
> org.sqlite.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openOrCreateDatabase(SQLiteDatabase.java:714)
>
> *__________________________________________*
> *ALEXANDRE MAINVILLE*
> Software Architect
>
> *iBwave*
> 7075, Robert-Joncas, Suite 95
> Montreal, Quebec, H4M 2Z2, Canada
> www.ibwave.com
>
> T +1 514-397-0606 ext. 422
> F +1 514-409-2499
> [hidden email]
>
> blog <http://www.ibwave.com/blog> | facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/iBwave> | linkedin
> <http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2720825> | twitter
> <http://www.twitter.com/ibwave> |
>
> This email, including all attachments, is intended only for the named
> recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized
> use, review, retransmission or dissemination of this email is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this email in error, or are not the named
> recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original
> and all copies of this email. Thank you.

Re: error 6410 after upgrade to 3.17.0 on android

Alexandre Mainville
Using this:
SQLiteDatabase.openDatabase(path, null, SQLiteDatabase.CREATE_IF_NECESSARY
| SQLiteDatabase.NO_LOCALIZED_COLLATORS);

Instead of this:
SQLiteDatabase.openOrCreateDatabase(path, null);

I don't get the error on database creation but if I then manually execute
the offending statement then I get the same error.
db.execSQL("CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS android_metadata (locale TEXT)");

After using openDatabase (I'm creating a new file, not opening an existing
one)
select sqlite_version()
reports:
3.17.0

SELECT * FROM pragma_compile_options;
reports:
COMPILER=clang-3.8.256229
DEBUG
SYSTEM_MALLOC
TEMP_STORE=3
THREADSAFE=1

I'll double check everything is up to date tomorrow and try the .aar

Thanks for your help