error SQLite will not work correctly with the -ffast-math option of GCC.

error SQLite will not work correctly with the -ffast-math option of GCC.

Ashley Collins-Richardson
Hi There,

I am trying to add sqlite amalgamation into xcode and I keep getting the
error

error SQLite will not work correctly with the -ffast-math option of GCC.

I have swapped <sqlite3.h> with #sqlite3.h and removed the dependencies
from the previous library but I think I'm missing something.

Please advise

--

Ashley Collins-Richardson
Technical Director | Scrapbook Development Limited |

Links:
------
[1] http://www.scrapbookdev.com/

Re: error SQLite will not work correctly with the -ffast-math option of GCC.

Richard Hipp-3
On 2/23/18, Ashley Collins-Richardson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I am trying to add sqlite amalgamation into xcode and I keep getting the
> error
>
> error SQLite will not work correctly with the -ffast-math option of GCC.
>
> I have swapped <sqlite3.h> with #sqlite3.h and removed the dependencies
> from the previous library but I think I'm missing something.

Disable the -ffast-math compile-time option since it is incompatible
with SQLite.

On 2018-02-23 12:38, Richard Hipp wrote:

> On 2/23/18, Ashley Collins-Richardson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi There,
>>
>> I am trying to add sqlite amalgamation into xcode and I keep getting the
>> error
>>
>> error SQLite will not work correctly with the -ffast-math option of GCC.
>>
>> I have swapped <sqlite3.h> with #sqlite3.h and removed the dependencies
>> from the previous library but I think I'm missing something.
>
> Disable the -ffast-math compile-time option since it is incompatible
> with SQLite.

Links:
------

On 23 Feb 2018, at 12:25pm, Ashley Collins-Richardson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> error SQLite will not work correctly with the -ffast-math option of GCC.

For now, turn off all optmization:

Select the Project folder
Build Settings
Compiler Options
Apple LLVM 8.0 Code Generation
Optimization Level

set it to None.

If that gets rid of the problem then you can worry about the specific option the error message mentions.

On 2018-02-23 13:18, Simon Slavin wrote:

> On 23 Feb 2018, at 12:25pm, Ashley Collins-Richardson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> error SQLite will not work correctly with the -ffast-math option of GCC.
>
> For now, turn off all optmization:
>
> Select the Project folder
> Build Settings
> Compiler Options
> Apple LLVM 8.0 Code Generation
> Optimization Level
>
> set it to None.
>
> If that gets rid of the problem then you can worry about the specific option the error message mentions.
>
> Simon.

Links:
------

On 23 Feb 2018, at 1:18pm, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For now, turn off all optmization:
>
> Select the Project folder
> Build Settings
> Compiler Options
> Apple LLVM 8.0 Code Generation
> Optimization Level
>
> set it to None.

Whoops sorry you're using GCC not LLVM.  Look for an equivalent setting.

Re: error SQLite will not work correctly with the -ffast-math option of GCC.

Ashley Collins-Richardson
found that issue - you have to set the relax iee compliance to NO

now I have the error 'system' is unavailable: not available on iOS

---

On 2018-02-23 13:24, Simon Slavin wrote:

> On 23 Feb 2018, at 1:18pm, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> For now, turn off all optmization:
>>
>> Select the Project folder
>> Build Settings
>> Compiler Options
>> Apple LLVM 8.0 Code Generation
>> Optimization Level
>>
>> set it to None.
>
> Whoops sorry you're using GCC not LLVM.  Look for an equivalent setting.
>
> Simon.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.scrapbookdev.com/

Re: error SQLite will not work correctly with the -ffast-math option of GCC.

Simon Slavin-3
On 23 Feb 2018, at 1:38pm, Ashley Collins-Richardson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> now I have the error 'system' is unavailable: not available on iOS

Are you trying to compile the executable "sqlite3" program ?  That won't run on iOS.  You need to be using just the amalgamation source code, which is one .c file and one .h file.

On 2018-02-23 13:40, Simon Slavin wrote:

> On 23 Feb 2018, at 1:38pm, Ashley Collins-Richardson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> now I have the error 'system' is unavailable: not available on iOS
>
> Are you trying to compile the executable "sqlite3" program ?  That won't run on iOS.  You need to be using just the amalgamation source code, which is one .c file and one .h file.
>
> Simon.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.scrapbookdev.com/

Re: error SQLite will not work correctly with the -ffast-math option of GCC.

Jens Alfke-2

> On Feb 23, 2018, at 4:25 AM, Ashley Collins-Richardson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am trying to add sqlite amalgamation into xcode and I keep getting the
> error
> error SQLite will not work correctly with the -ffast-math option of GCC.

Why not just link with the copy of SQLite that’s already built into the OS? Unless you absolutely need the very latest version, this will be easier (and make your app about 1MB smaller.)

—Jens