fdatasync and 3.2.7

Fletcher Mattox
Hi.

I'm new.  I searched the archives and see where the problem
of an undefined fdatasync in 3.2.6 was discussed.  I assumed
it was fixed, but I just got it in 3.2.7 under Solaris 9, which
defines _POSIX_SYNCHRONIZED_IO.  This define triggers the
error.  Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks
Fletcher

Re: fdatasync and 3.2.7

D. Richard Hipp
"Fletcher Mattox" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm new.  I searched the archives and see where the problem
> of an undefined fdatasync in 3.2.6 was discussed.  I assumed
> it was fixed, but I just got it in 3.2.7 under Solaris 9, which
> defines _POSIX_SYNCHRONIZED_IO.  This define triggers the
> error.  Am I missing something obvious?

http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/chngview?cn=2741

SQLite now uses only fsync by default. Only if the configure
script detects the fdatasync function does it attempt to use
fdatasync.

The change will appear in the next release.

You can always do "-Dfdatasync=fsync" on your compiler
command line to clear the problem in the meantime.
--
D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>