help needed with syntax error in between.test script

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

help needed with syntax error in between.test script

Jacob Dall
Hello everyone,

I've just managed to get SQLite v3.2.7 compiled and installed on a
QNX platform.

When executing the test suite (make test) I'm notified of an error in
the between-1.0 test. The message is:

Error: syntax error in expression "int(log($i)/log(2))": extra tokens
at end of expression

The involved line (line 29) in the script reads:

     set x [expr {int(log($i)/log(2))}]

I'm a complete newbie on this kind of test scripts, so I really
appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance,
Jacob Dall


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed with syntax error in between.test script

D. Richard Hipp
Jacob Dall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I've just managed to get SQLite v3.2.7 compiled and installed on a
> QNX platform.
>
> When executing the test suite (make test) I'm notified of an error in
> the between-1.0 test. The message is:
>
> Error: syntax error in expression "int(log($i)/log(2))": extra tokens
> at end of expression
>

What version of Tcl are you linking against?
--
D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed with syntax error in between.test script

Jacob Dall
It's the latect Tcl version - 8.4.11

/jacob

At 23:46 11/10/2005, you wrote:

>Jacob Dall <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I've just managed to get SQLite v3.2.7 compiled and installed on a
> > QNX platform.
> >
> > When executing the test suite (make test) I'm notified of an error in
> > the between-1.0 test. The message is:
> >
> > Error: syntax error in expression "int(log($i)/log(2))": extra tokens
> > at end of expression
> >
>
>What version of Tcl are you linking against?
>--
>D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

-----------------------------------------------
EURISCO
Forskerparken 10
DK-5230 Odense M
Tlf. 63 15 71 00
www.eurisco.dk
-----------------------------------------------

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed with syntax error in between.test script

D. Richard Hipp
In reply to this post by Jacob Dall
Jacob Dall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I've just managed to get SQLite v3.2.7 compiled and installed on a
> QNX platform.
>
> When executing the test suite (make test) I'm notified of an error in
> the between-1.0 test. The message is:
>
> Error: syntax error in expression "int(log($i)/log(2))": extra tokens
> at end of expression
>
> The involved line (line 29) in the script reads:
>
>      set x [expr {int(log($i)/log(2))}]
>
> I'm a complete newbie on this kind of test scripts, so I really
> appreciate any help I can get.
>

I really have no idea what could be causing this. The
test script in question works fine on every other flavor
of Unix and on Windows.  And since I cannot reproduce the
problem, there is not much I can do to debug it.
--
D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed with syntax error in between.test script

Jacob Dall
Yes, I understand.

Would you mind to enlighten me a bit?

This test script, is it pure Tcl?

If so, I guess I've to look into the compilation of Tcl.

Thank you for your time,

Jacob

At 15:41 12/10/2005, you wrote:

>Jacob Dall <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I've just managed to get SQLite v3.2.7 compiled and installed on a
> > QNX platform.
> >
> > When executing the test suite (make test) I'm notified of an error in
> > the between-1.0 test. The message is:
> >
> > Error: syntax error in expression "int(log($i)/log(2))": extra tokens
> > at end of expression
> >
> > The involved line (line 29) in the script reads:
> >
> >      set x [expr {int(log($i)/log(2))}]
> >
> > I'm a complete newbie on this kind of test scripts, so I really
> > appreciate any help I can get.
> >
>
>I really have no idea what could be causing this. The
>test script in question works fine on every other flavor
>of Unix and on Windows.  And since I cannot reproduce the
>problem, there is not much I can do to debug it.
>--
>D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

-----------------------------------------------
EURISCO
Forskerparken 10
DK-5230 Odense M
Tlf. 63 15 71 00
www.eurisco.dk
-----------------------------------------------

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed with syntax error in between.test script

D. Richard Hipp
In reply to this post by Jacob Dall
Jacob Dall <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes, I understand.
>
> Would you mind to enlighten me a bit?
>
> This test script, is it pure Tcl?
>

Pure Tcl?  Not sure what you mean.  The "testfixture"
program adds dozens of new commands and variable linkages
used for testing the SQLite code.  See the source
files test1.c through test5.c for details.  But there
is still a pure unmodified Tcl core underneath.
--
D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed with syntax error in between.test script

Jacob Dall
It seems this issue is due to some problems with the Tcl compilation.
When testing Tcl, I get a similar warning:

Test file error: syntax error in expression "int(0x80000000) < 0":
extra tokens at end of expression
     while executing
"expr {int(0x80000000) < 0}"
     invoked from within
"::tcltest::testConstraint longIs32bit \
[expr {int(0x80000000) < 0}]"
     (file "/home/user/tcl8.4.11/tests/execute.test" line 36)
expr-old.test

So I'll have a deeper look into Tcl...

Jacob

At 17:03 12/10/2005, you wrote:

>Jacob Dall <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Yes, I understand.
> >
> > Would you mind to enlighten me a bit?
> >
> > This test script, is it pure Tcl?
> >
>
>Pure Tcl?  Not sure what you mean.  The "testfixture"
>program adds dozens of new commands and variable linkages
>used for testing the SQLite code.  See the source
>files test1.c through test5.c for details.  But there
>is still a pure unmodified Tcl core underneath.
>--
>D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

-----------------------------------------------
EURISCO
Forskerparken 10
DK-5230 Odense M
Tlf. 63 15 71 00
www.eurisco.dk
-----------------------------------------------