how to secure SQLite database

sai kalyanam
Greetings all,

can you pls any help me how to secure sqlite database. there is no userid and password to open the database. what are the security issues in SQLite database. can you pls help in this issue.

Thanks
sailendra

---------------------------------
Yahoo! for Good

Re: how to secure SQLite database

Martin Engelschalk
Hi,

sqlite does not know users. You can restrict access using the file
privileges for the database - file (chown / chmod). If you want
users/passwords in your application, you have to implement this in your
application.

Martin

sai kalyanam schrieb:

>Greetings all,
>
>can you pls any help me how to secure sqlite database. there is no userid and password to open the database. what are the security issues in SQLite database. can you pls help in this issue.
>
>Thanks
>sailendra
>

>---------------------------------
>Yahoo! for Good

Re: how to secure SQLite database

Ulrik Sandborg-Petersen
Greeting sailendra,

sai kalyanam wrote:

>Greetings all,
>
>can you pls any help me how to secure sqlite database. there is no userid and password to open the database. what are the security issues in SQLite database. can you pls help in this issue.

You need to encrypt your database.

Dr. Hipp, the creator of SQLite, has a very reasonably priced solution.  See

http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/prosupport.html

Ulrik Petersen

--
Ulrik Petersen, Denmark