integrity_check failure on 3.26 with expression indexes (wrong # of entries)

integrity_check failure on 3.26 with expression indexes (wrong # of entries)

Deon Brewis
I am receiving an integrity check failure on 3.26 on the 9/19/2018 drop. It's not everywhere and it may be coincidental, but it may also be related to the new change where expression indexes aren't updated if their columns aren't modified.

I'm getting these integrity check failures:

wrong # of entries in index A
wrong # of entries in index B
wrong # of entries in index C

where all 3 of those indexes use expressions. I have a before database, after database, and an error log from SQLITE.

Can I send this to someone to investigate?

- Deon

Re: integrity_check failure on 3.26 with expression indexes (wrong # of entries)

Dan Kennedy-4
On 09/26/2018 01:14 PM, Deon Brewis wrote:

> I am receiving an integrity check failure on 3.26 on the 9/19/2018 drop. It's not everywhere and it may be coincidental, but it may also be related to the new change where expression indexes aren't updated if their columns aren't modified.
>
> I'm getting these integrity check failures:
>
> wrong # of entries in index A
> wrong # of entries in index B
> wrong # of entries in index C
>
> where all 3 of those indexes use expressions. I have a before database, after database, and an error log from SQLITE.
>
> Can I send this to someone to investigate?

Can you send them to me if you don't want to upload them? "dan AT
sqlite.org" if you prefer.

Thanks,
Dan.

> - Deon

Re: integrity_check failure on 3.26 with expression indexes (wrong # of entries)

Deon Brewis
Sorry, false alarm.

That corruption far predates the 3.26 changes (occurred under 3.24).

The tool I was using to test didn't show the errors on the old version of the database but a newer tool shows them.

Thanks!
- Deon