looking for tools to map SQLite to C++ objects

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

looking for tools to map SQLite to C++ objects

Sam Carleton-2
Does anyone know of any tools that are either open source or reasonably
priced (less then 600 USD) for mapping SQLite to C++?

Sam
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://sqlite.org:8080/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: looking for tools to map SQLite to C++ objects

Sherief N. Farouk
> Does anyone know of any tools that are either open source or reasonably
> priced (less then 600 USD) for mapping SQLite to C++?
>
> Sam

[Sherief N. Farouk]

No tools that I know of, but I have a small bunch of classes that I wrote to
wrap sqlite3 objects, in order to make some things easier (like not having
to remember to close() the DB object at every single return statement), all
of which are convertible to the underlying sqlite types for interoperability
with the native API. If someone's interested, I could arrange for a BSD
release.

- Sherief

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://sqlite.org:8080/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: looking for tools to map SQLite to C++ objects

Jeffrey Becker
What do you mean by "Mapping".  There are several api wrappers for
sqlite written in C++.  See
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteWrappers



On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 1:31 PM, Sherief N. Farouk <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Does anyone know of any tools that are either open source or reasonably
>> priced (less then 600 USD) for mapping SQLite to C++?
>>
>> Sam
>
> [Sherief N. Farouk]
>
> No tools that I know of, but I have a small bunch of classes that I wrote to
> wrap sqlite3 objects, in order to make some things easier (like not having
> to remember to close() the DB object at every single return statement), all
> of which are convertible to the underlying sqlite types for interoperability
> with the native API. If someone's interested, I could arrange for a BSD
> release.
>
> - Sherief
>
> _______________________________________________
> sqlite-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://sqlite.org:8080/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
>
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://sqlite.org:8080/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: looking for tools to map SQLite to C++ objects

Sam Carleton-2
There seem to be a ton of tools out there now that will look at a
table in a database and generate code to do selects, insert, updated,
and deletes for languages like C#, VB.Net, Java, JavaScript, PHP  and
other higher level languages.  I am looking for something like that
for C++.  Here are some that I know about:

http://www.sqlmaestro.com/products/sqlite/phpgenerator
http://www.mygenerationsoftware.com
http://www.codesmithtools.com

At this point in time, I don't care about platform, I simply want to
find a tool that will help me out.

Sam
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://sqlite.org:8080/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: looking for tools to map SQLite to C++ objects

Jeffrey Becker
From what I remember of CodeSmith I dont see any reason why you
couldnt simply write templates that put out C++ rather than C# or
VB.Net. If push really came to shove and you didn't have an
excessively complicated DB you could write one in vbscript pretty
easily.

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Sam Carleton
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> There seem to be a ton of tools out there now that will look at a
> table in a database and generate code to do selects, insert, updated,
> and deletes for languages like C#, VB.Net, Java, JavaScript, PHP  and
> other higher level languages.  I am looking for something like that
> for C++.  Here are some that I know about:
>
> http://www.sqlmaestro.com/products/sqlite/phpgenerator
> http://www.mygenerationsoftware.com
> http://www.codesmithtools.com
>
> At this point in time, I don't care about platform, I simply want to
> find a tool that will help me out.
>
> Sam
> _______________________________________________
> sqlite-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://sqlite.org:8080/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
>
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://sqlite.org:8080/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: looking for tools to map SQLite to C++ objects

jreidthompson

http://www.alhem.net/project/sql2class/index.html


>From version 1.7 it also supports the sqlite database (version 3).
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://sqlite.org:8080/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: looking for tools to map SQLite to C++ objects

Sherief N. Farouk
In reply to this post by Jeffrey Becker
> What do you mean by "Mapping".  There are several api wrappers for
> sqlite written in C++.  See
> http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteWrappers
>

After checking some of the things on that list, ruling out some for
superficial reasons (like thinking that C++ is Java and writingLikeThis), I
found sqlite3pp (http://code.google.com/p/sqlite3pp/ ) to be pretty darn
neat. My own version actually uses the same sqlite3pp namespace (lending
this one more points of course ;), and the google-hosted one has some of the
cleanest API designs I've ever seen, including the oh-so-neat iterators for
SELECT results. I'd say if you're looking for a C++ wrapper, go with this
one (I realize the OP might not be looking for an API wrapper). I didn't
look at the implementation (because I'm working on an already so-close
library), but I do hope it's not commented in Korean ;).

- Sherief

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://sqlite.org:8080/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users