malformed database schema - near "AUTOINCREMENT": syntax error

malformed database schema - near "AUTOINCREMENT": syntax error

Christiane Lemke
Dear Mailing List users,

I am new to SQLite and didn't find help on the mailing list archives or
google for my problem.

I am using SQLite in my CGI/C program. I got it running perfectly under
three Linux systems (one ubuntu, two gentoos), but now that I want to
run the program under a kubuntu system, I get a

"malformed database schema - near "AUTOINCREMENT": syntax error"

and an SQL_ABORT when issuing queries by the sqlite3_exec function.

I used the very same database file on each of those machines, only
difference so far as I can see, is that the kubuntu machine uses SQLite
3.2.3 compiled from the sources from the website, while the others use
3.2.2.

I can even browse the database with the sqlite3 command line tool on the
same computer.

I'd be very grateful for any idea or hint.

Thanks a lot, Christiane

Re: malformed database schema - near "AUTOINCREMENT": syntax error

Puneet Kishor

On Aug 23, 2005, at 5:10 AM, Christiane Lemke wrote:

> Dear Mailing List users,
>
> I am new to SQLite and didn't find help on the mailing list archives or
> google for my problem.
>
> I am using SQLite in my CGI/C program. I got it running perfectly under
> three Linux systems (one ubuntu, two gentoos), but now that I want to
> run the program under a kubuntu system, I get a
>
> "malformed database schema - near "AUTOINCREMENT": syntax error"

I had a similar experience where everything worked well on my Mac
(SQLite version 321) but gave me the above error on Windows (SQLite
version 320, I think... well, definitely not 321). Upgrading on Windows
settled everything.

Weird.

Puneet Kishor

Re: malformed database schema - near "AUTOINCREMENT": syntax error

Kurt Welgehausen
> "malformed database schema - near "AUTOINCREMENT": syntax error"

It might help if you published your schema. Also, it would
be interesting to know whether your v3.2.3 passed all the
tests in the test suite.

Regards