missing SQLITE_DEFAULT_TEMP_CACHE_SIZE

Joshua Thomas Wise
Hello,

The documentation here <https://www.sqlite.org/tempfiles.html#other_temporary_file_optimizations> (https://www.sqlite.org/tempfiles.html#other_temporary_file_optimizations <https://www.sqlite.org/tempfiles.html#other_temporary_file_optimizations>) mentions that temporary tables and indexes each use their own page cache, which is sized by the SQLITE_DEFAULT_TEMP_CACHE_SIZE compile-time option. However, I can’t find any mention of that identifier anywhere in the sqlite3 source code. Additionally, that documentation conflicts with this documentation <https://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_cache_size> (https://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_cache_size <https://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_cache_size>) which states that the TEMP database always has a cache size of 0. What’s the true story behind page caches of temporary files, and how can I control their sizes?

Re: missing SQLITE_DEFAULT_TEMP_CACHE_SIZE

Joshua Thomas Wise