(no subject)

Ron

(no subject)

Ron
Hi,

Before I dive into the SQLite internals, I'd like to ask the mailing list
first.

I am looking into the possibility of putting the changes in SQLite database
into kafka, similar to this:
https://www.confluent.io/blog/bottled-water-real-time-integration-of-postgresql-and-kafka/
.

Would it be hard to get this info out of SQLite?
PostgreSQL calls it 'logical decoding'. I may not need the full feature,
but I would need all changed records.

Thanks for any insights.
Ron Arts

Re: (no subject)

Jay Kreibich

I’d look at creating a virtual table that can be setup to “shadow” any existing table.  Basically pass-through any read or write operations, possibly shunting off writes.   This has the advantage of not requiring any kind of patching or modifications to the core library.  Sounds a lot simpler too.

 -j

On Jul 17, 2017, at 1:08 PM, Ron <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Before I dive into the SQLite internals, I'd like to ask the mailing list
> first.
>
> I am looking into the possibility of putting the changes in SQLite database
> into kafka, similar to this:
> https://www.confluent.io/blog/bottled-water-real-time-integration-of-postgresql-and-kafka/
> .
>
> Would it be hard to get this info out of SQLite?
> PostgreSQL calls it 'logical decoding'. I may not need the full feature,
> but I would need all changed records.
>
> Thanks for any insights.
> Ron Arts

Jay A. Kreibich < J A Y @ K R E I B I.C H >

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it, but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson