problems compiling 3.2.6

Cariotoglou Mike
I tried to compile 3.2.6 locally, using visual c 6, as I do with all
sqlite releases. this version introduces a couple of changes that do not
compile:

os_win.c(482) : error C2065: 'INVALID_SET_FILE_POINTER' : undeclared
identifier
vdbeapi.c(237) : error C2520: conversion from unsigned __int64 to double
not implemented, use signed __int64

the first error has to do with an old version of winbase.h, which for
some reason omits the definition of INVALID_SET_FILE_POINTER (although
the documentation mentions it). this is probably a local problem,
and I will try to fix locally (although I would like to hear from other
people about it. I am compiling WITHOUT mfc).

the second I have no idea, as I don't know C.

anybody help ?

RE: problems compiling 3.2.6

Drew, Stephen
Mike,

3.2.6 compiles fine in Visual Studio 7 (.NET 2003).  I can give it a go
in my copy of Visual Studio 6 if you like...

Steve

RE: problems compiling 3.2.6

Drew, Stephen
Further update:

I get both these errors in Visual Studio 6.

As you say, I think the first is just that Visual Studio 6 has a missing
definition in winbase.h. I agree with you that it is in the
documentation (perhaps a check could be performed and it defined if it
doesn't exist...)

The second seems to be a limitation of VS6 - it certainly isn't a
problem in VS7. Can't really think of any neat solution around it
either...

This doesn't concern me, as - as I mention - I use VS7...

Steve

3.2.6 compiles fine in Visual Studio 7 (.NET 2003).  I can give it a go
in my copy of Visual Studio 6 if you like...

Steve

RE: problems compiling 3.2.6

D. Richard Hipp

http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/chngview?cn=2720

D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

Re: problems compiling 3.2.6

Mau Liste
I also have the same problems with VC6, and unfortunately I cannot switch to
VC7 for other reasons.
At the moment I reverted back to 3.2.5.
When I will have some spare time I will try to fix it myself and I will
inform the list.
My guess is: update too the latest SDK (that unfortunately does not
integrate well with VC6) for the first problem and add another (__int64)
cast before the conversion to double.
Of course this is just a hack and I hope someone will find a better fix.
Regards.
Mau.

Drew, Stephen wrote:

> Further update:
>
> I get both these errors in Visual Studio 6.
>
> As you say, I think the first is just that Visual Studio 6 has a missing
> definition in winbase.h. I agree with you that it is in the
> documentation (perhaps a check could be performed and it defined if it
> doesn't exist...)
>
> The second seems to be a limitation of VS6 - it certainly isn't a
> problem in VS7. Can't really think of any neat solution around it
> either...
>
> This doesn't concern me, as - as I mention - I use VS7...
>
> Steve

RE: problems compiling 3.2.6

Steven Van Ingelgem
Or download the CVS version, it has already been fixed by drh in there!

Drew, Stephen wrote:

> Further update:
>
> I get both these errors in Visual Studio 6.
>
> As you say, I think the first is just that Visual Studio 6 has a missing
> definition in winbase.h. I agree with you that it is in the
> documentation (perhaps a check could be performed and it defined if it
> doesn't exist...)
>
> The second seems to be a limitation of VS6 - it certainly isn't a
> problem in VS7. Can't really think of any neat solution around it
> either...
>
> This doesn't concern me, as - as I mention - I use VS7...
>
> Steve

RE: problems compiling 3.2.6

Cariotoglou Mike
drh already fixed it.