"make test" fails on Mageia Linux v7 x86-64

"make test" fails on Mageia Linux v7 x86-64

Shlomi Fish
Hi,

With the attached bash script on Mageia Linux v7 x86-64 I consistently get the
test failures here:

https://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/text/sqlite-mga7-rpm-build.txt.xz

this is with sqlite 3.26.0.

This affects our rpm %check phase.

Can you help?

Re: "make test" fails on Mageia Linux v7 x86-64

Dan Kennedy-4
On 12/19/2018 12:55 AM, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With the attached bash script on Mageia Linux v7 x86-64 I consistently get the
> test failures here:
>
> https://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/text/sqlite-mga7-rpm-build.txt.xz
>
> this is with sqlite 3.26.0.
>
> This affects our rpm %check phase.
>
> Can you help?

What is your Tcl version (run the "testfixture" binary and type "set
tcl_patchLevel" to find out)?

Upgrading Tcl will most likely fix this.

Dan.

Re: "make test" fails on Mageia Linux v7 x86-64

Shlomi Fish
Hi all!

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 19:55:25 +0200
Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With the attached bash script on Mageia Linux v7 x86-64 I consistently get the
> test failures here:
>
> https://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/text/sqlite-mga7-rpm-build.txt.xz
>
> this is with sqlite 3.26.0.
>
> This affects our rpm %check phase.
>
> Can you help?

with respect to
https://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@.../msg113238.html ,
this shows that the tcl version is 8.6.9 which is the latest according to
https://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/ . Also see https://pkgs.org/download/tcl for
Mageia Cauldron.

https://github.com/shlomif/validate-your-html - Validate Your HTML

SGlau: shut up, Mr. Frog! I’m here on a mission from the Grammar God. Herr
Norris and I are loyal servants of Grammar Nazism, which aims to unite Grammar
Europe under the reign of the Third Grammar Reich. Hail Grammar!
    — http://is.gd/htmOCv

Re: "make test" fails on Mageia Linux v7 x86-64

Richard Hipp-3
On 12/22/18, Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> with respect to
> https://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@.../msg113238.html
> ,
> this shows that the tcl version is 8.6.9 which is the latest according to
> https://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/ . Also see https://pkgs.org/download/tcl
> for
> Mageia Cauldron.

I don't know why it does not work for you.  Perhaps it is an unusual
LOCALE setting or something.

Nevertheless, I went through and removed unnecessary whitespace from
the testcase result strings.  Perhaps that will clear your problem.
Please try again using the latest trunk version of SQLite (go to
https://www.sqlite.org/src/info/trunk and click on the Tarball link)
and then report back whether or not you are still having issues.
Thanks.

Re: "make test" fails on Mageia Linux v7 x86-64

Shlomi Fish
Hi!

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 10:49:31 -0500
Richard Hipp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12/22/18, Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > with respect to
> > https://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@.../msg113238.html
> > ,
> > this shows that the tcl version is 8.6.9 which is the latest according to
> > https://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/ . Also see https://pkgs.org/download/tcl
> > for
> > Mageia Cauldron.
>
> I don't know why it does not work for you.  Perhaps it is an unusual
> LOCALE setting or something.
>
> Nevertheless, I went through and removed unnecessary whitespace from
> the testcase result strings.  Perhaps that will clear your problem.
> Please try again using the latest trunk version of SQLite (go to
> https://www.sqlite.org/src/info/trunk and click on the Tarball link)
> and then report back whether or not you are still having issues.
> Thanks.

Much fewer tests are failing now, but there is still 1 failure:

https://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/text/sqlite-trunk-mga7-rpm-build.txt.xz

thanks!