regexp.c

Philip Bennefall
Hello all,

I was having a quick look at the extensions provided in ext/misc in the
source tree, and I am pleasantly surprised at the number of useful things
that I found in there that I didn't know about. I was wondering about the
regular expression parser in particular. Does it support capture groups? The
source seems to indicate no, but I just wanted to make sure.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

Re: regexp.c

Richard Hipp-3
On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 5:30 AM, Philip Bennefall <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I was having a quick look at the extensions provided in ext/misc in the
> source tree, and I am pleasantly surprised at the number of useful things
> that I found in there that I didn't know about. I was wondering about the
> regular expression parser in particular. Does it support capture groups?
> The source seems to indicate no, but I just wanted to make sure.

Capture groups are not supported by the regexp.c implementation in
ext/misc.  On the other hand, that means that run-time is guaranteed linear
in the size of the input.

Re: regexp.c

Philip Bennefall

  On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 5:30 AM, Philip Bennefall <[hidden email]> wrote:

    Hello all,

    I was having a quick look at the extensions provided in ext/misc in the source tree, and I am pleasantly surprised at the number of useful things that I found in there that I didn't know about. I was wondering about the regular expression parser in particular. Does it support capture groups? The source seems to indicate no, but I just wanted to make sure.

  Capture groups are not supported by the regexp.c implementation in ext/misc.  On the other hand, that means that run-time is guaranteed linear in the size of the input.

  Thanks, Richard. That does make sense. On another note, generally how well tested are these extensions? Should I assume that since they're not part of the SqLite amalgamation, they aren't as extensively tested and maintained as the rest of SqLite's codebase?

  Kind regards,

  Philip Bennefall