shell session feature, #define awkwardness

shell session feature, #define awkwardness

Larry Brasfield
In shell.c, #defining the variable SQLITE_ENABLE_SESSION, (regardless of
its value), enables the session feature.

In sqlite3.c, #defining the variables SQLITE_ENABLE_SESSION=1 and
SQLITE_ENABLE_PREUPDATE_HOOK=1 is necessary for the shell link to succeed.

I suggest this could be simplified, or at least made more coherent.  If the
update-related session behavior is optional in sqlite3, it probably should
be in the shell also.

--
Larry Brasfield

Re: shell session feature, #define awkwardness

Robert M. Münch
The docs at https://www.sqlite.org/compile.html state: „SQLITE_ENABLE_SESSION This option enables the session extension.“ which is not enough. You need to define SQLITE_ENABLE_PREUPDATE_HOOK too.

Robert M. Münch