specified store provider cannot be found in the configuration, or is not valid exception

specified store provider cannot be found in the configuration, or is not valid exception

coffeenkfc
Hi,

Really appreciate any help. I get the exception 'The specified store provider cannot be found in the configuration, or is not valid.' on this line in the code:

using (var handheldEntities = new HandheldDatabaseOnDesktopEntities())

My environment: VS2010 SP1, WIN 8.1 PRO

Snippet from app.config:

<system.data>
    <DbProviderFactories>
      <remove invariant="System.Data.SQLite" />
      <remove invariant="System.Data.SQLite.EF6" />
      <add name="SQLite Data Provider (Entity Framework 6)" invariant="System.Data.SQLite.EF6" description=".NET Framework Data Provider for SQLite (Entity Framework 6)" type="System.Data.SQLite.EF6.SQLiteProviderFactory, System.Data.SQLite.EF6" />
    </DbProviderFactories>
  </system.data>
  <entityFramework>
    <defaultConnectionFactory type="System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.SqlConnectionFactory, EntityFramework" />
    <providers>
      <provider invariantName="System.Data.SqlClient" type="System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.SqlProviderServices, EntityFramework.SqlServer" />
      <provider invariantName="System.Data.SQLite.EF6" type="System.Data.SQLite.EF6.SQLiteProviderServices, System.Data.SQLite.EF6" />
    </providers>
  </entityFramework>