sqlite 2.0 database

Manuel Enache
I have a sqlite 2.0 DB and I need the data within.

I tried open it with almost all the tools I finded.

All say that: "file is encrypted or is not a database"

I'm 90% sure that the DB is not encrypted.

It is possible that the may be to old for these tools?
What tool should I use to open that DB and export the
data?

Thanks in advance!

__________________________________
http://farechase.yahoo.com

RE: sqlite 2.0 database

Downey, Shawn
Download sqlite.exe (version 2.8.16 which has no numeric extension) from
http://www.sqlite.org/download.html.

From the command line attempt to open the database:

sqlite <database>

where <database is the name of your sqlite 2.0 database file.  If the
file does not open, it is probably a damaged file.

Shawn M. Downey
MPR Associates
10 Maxwell Drive, Suite 204
Clifton Park, NY 12065
518-371-3983 x113 (work)
860-508-5015 (cell)

http://farechase.yahoo.com

RE: sqlite 2.0 database

Manuel Enache
I'done like Shawn said and here is the result:
<cmd>
C:\sqlite>sqlite.exe database
Unable to open database "database": file is encrypted
or is not a database
<cmd>

The file is not corupted because is used by a
"program" and that program is working fine.

That program is using tcl to access the data base:

<code from tcl file>
sqlite pcdb pcdatabase
# Construct SQL string for requested search
pcdb close
</code>

From this I drawn the conclusion that the DB is not
encrypted. Is this a correct conclusion?

--- "Downey, Shawn" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Download sqlite.exe (version 2.8.16 which has no
> numeric extension) from
> http://www.sqlite.org/download.html.
>
> From the command line attempt to open the database:
>
> sqlite <database>
>
> where <database is the name of your sqlite 2.0
> database file.  If the
> file does not open, it is probably a damaged file.
>
> Shawn M. Downey
> MPR Associates
> 10 Maxwell Drive, Suite 204
> Clifton Park, NY 12065
> 518-371-3983 x113 (work)
> 860-508-5015 (cell)

__________________________________
http://farechase.yahoo.com

RE: sqlite 2.0 database

Clay Dowling

Try opening it with an sqlite3 client as well.  If neither will open the
file, it's either not an SQLite database, or it's hopelessly corrupted and
you aren't getting into it.

Clay Dowling

--
Simple Content Management
http://www.ceamus.com

RE: sqlite 2.0 database

Manuel Enache
I've tried with sqlite3 and nothing:

<cmd>

C:\sqlite>sqlite3.exe database
SQLite version 3.2.7
Enter ".help" for instructions
sqlite> .databases
Error: file is encrypted or is not a database
sqlite>

</cmd>

--- Clay Dowling <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Try opening it with an sqlite3 client as well.  If
> neither will open the
> file, it's either not an SQLite database, or it's
> hopelessly corrupted and
> you aren't getting into it.
>
> Clay Dowling
>
> Manuel Enache said:
> > I'done like Shawn said and here is the result:
> > <cmd>
> > C:\sqlite>sqlite.exe database
> > Unable to open database "database": file is
> encrypted
> > or is not a database
> > <cmd>
> >
> > The file is not corupted because is used by a
> > "program" and that program is working fine.
> >
> > That program is using tcl to access the data base:
> >
> > <code from tcl file>
> > sqlite pcdb pcdatabase
> > # Construct SQL string for requested search
> > pcdb close
> > </code>
> >
> > From this I drawn the conclusion that the DB is
> not
> > encrypted. Is this a correct conclusion?
> >
> > --- "Downey, Shawn" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Download sqlite.exe (version 2.8.16 which has no
> >> numeric extension) from
> >> http://www.sqlite.org/download.html.
> >>
> >> From the command line attempt to open the
> database:
> >>
> >> sqlite <database>
> >>
> >> where <database is the name of your sqlite 2.0
> >> database file.  If the
> >> file does not open, it is probably a damaged
> file.
> >>
> >> Shawn M. Downey
> >> MPR Associates
> >> 10 Maxwell Drive, Suite 204
> >> Clifton Park, NY 12065
> >> 518-371-3983 x113 (work)
> >> 860-508-5015 (cell)

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: sqlite 2.0 database

Guillaume MAISON
Manuel Enache a ?crit :

> I've tried with sqlite3 and nothing:
>
> <cmd>
>
> C:\sqlite>sqlite3.exe database
> SQLite version 3.2.7
> Enter ".help" for instructions
> sqlite> .databases
> Error: file is encrypted or is not a database
> sqlite>

You said that a tcl application could access the DB ?

then, instead of spending too much time seeking for a tool that could
open the database, "re invent the wheel" and build yourself, with tcl, a
tool that would export the DB in a format that you could then import.

IMHO, it's the easiest and fastest way...

HTH,

Best regards,

--

Guillaume MAISON - N@uteus
83, Cours Victor Hugo
e-mail : [hidden email] - Web : http://nauteus.com

Re: sqlite 2.0 database

Anton Kuznetsov
Hello, Manuel.

Install TCLSQLite3(http://sqlite.org/tclsqlite-3_2_7.zip) and try the
following script.
It will convert your database into the SQLite3 database.

package require sqlite
package require sqlite3

sqlite pcdb pcdatabase
sqlite3 pcdb3 newpcdatabase

# creating tables in new DB:
pcdb eval {select sql from sqlite_master} {
    pcdb3 eval $sql
}
pcdb3 close

# filling tables of the new DB:
pcdb eval {attach 'newpcdatabase' as newpcdb}
pcdb eval {select name from sqlite_master where type='table'} {
   pcdb eval "insert into newpcdb.'$name' select * from '$name' "
}
pcdb eval {detach newpcdb}
pcdb close
exit

But, of course, instead of SQLite3 you may use the old 2.8.16
(http://sqlite.org/tclsqlite-2_8_16.zip).

Bye.
Anton.

> I'done like Shawn said and here is the result:
> <cmd>
> C:\sqlite>sqlite.exe database
> Unable to open database "database": file is encrypted
> or is not a database
> <cmd>
>
> The file is not corupted because is used by a
> "program" and that program is working fine.
>
> That program is using tcl to access the data base:
>
> <code from tcl file>
> sqlite pcdb pcdatabase
> # Construct SQL string for requested search
> pcdb close
> </code>
>
> From this I drawn the conclusion that the DB is not
> encrypted. Is this a correct conclusion?
>
> --- "Downey, Shawn" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Download sqlite.exe (version 2.8.16 which has no
>> numeric extension) from
>> http://www.sqlite.org/download.html.
>>
>> From the command line attempt to open the database:
>>
>> sqlite <database>
>>
>> where <database is the name of your sqlite 2.0
>> database file.  If the
>> file does not open, it is probably a damaged file.
>>
>> Shawn M. Downey
>> MPR Associates
>> 10 Maxwell Drive, Suite 204
>> Clifton Park, NY 12065
>> 518-371-3983 x113 (work)
>> 860-508-5015 (cell)

Re: sqlite 2.0 database

Manuel Enache
TCL is not my thing... :((

--- Guillaume MAISON <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Manuel Enache a ?crit :
> > I've tried with sqlite3 and nothing:
> >
> > <cmd>
> >
> > C:\sqlite>sqlite3.exe database
> > SQLite version 3.2.7
> > Enter ".help" for instructions
> > sqlite> .databases
> > Error: file is encrypted or is not a database
> > sqlite>
> >

> You said that a tcl application could access the DB
> ?
>
> then, instead of spending too much time seeking for
> a tool that could
> open the database, "re invent the wheel" and build
> yourself, with tcl, a
> tool that would export the DB in a format that you
> could then import.
>
> IMHO, it's the easiest and fastest way...
>
> HTH,
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
>
> Guillaume MAISON - N@uteus
> 83, Cours Victor Hugo
> 47000 AGEN
> T?l : 05 53 87 91 48 - Fax : 05 53 68 73 50
> e-mail : [hidden email] - Web :
> http://nauteus.com

__________________________________
http://farechase.yahoo.com

Re: sqlite 2.0 database

Rob Lohman
Isn't it so that sqlite3 can't open certain
old sqlite2 database because of a format
change? At least I seem to remember
something like that. I would try opening
it with version 2.

Rob

Error: file is encrypted or is not a database
sqlite>

</cmd>

--- Clay Dowling <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Try opening it with an sqlite3 client as well.  If
> neither will open the
> file, it's either not an SQLite database, or it's
> hopelessly corrupted and
> you aren't getting into it.
>
> Clay Dowling
>
> Manuel Enache said:
> > I'done like Shawn said and here is the result:
> > <cmd>
> > C:\sqlite>sqlite.exe database
> > Unable to open database "database": file is
> encrypted
> > or is not a database
> > <cmd>
> >
> > The file is not corupted because is used by a
> > "program" and that program is working fine.
> >
> > That program is using tcl to access the data base:
> >
> > <code from tcl file>
> > sqlite pcdb pcdatabase
> > # Construct SQL string for requested search
> > pcdb close
> > </code>
> >
> > From this I drawn the conclusion that the DB is
> not
> > encrypted. Is this a correct conclusion?
> >
> > --- "Downey, Shawn" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Download sqlite.exe (version 2.8.16 which has no
> >> numeric extension) from
> >> http://www.sqlite.org/download.html.
> >>
> >> From the command line attempt to open the
> database:
> >>
> >> sqlite <database>
> >>
> >> where <database is the name of your sqlite 2.0
> >> database file.  If the
> >> file does not open, it is probably a damaged
> file.
> >>
> >> Shawn M. Downey
> >> MPR Associates
> >> 10 Maxwell Drive, Suite 204
> >> Clifton Park, NY 12065
> >> 518-371-3983 x113 (work)
> >> 860-508-5015 (cell)

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com

RE: sqlite 2.0 database

Downey, Shawn
I would double check that the file I am trying to open is indeed the same file the Tcl app is accessing successfully.

Shawn M. Downey
MPR Associates
10 Maxwell Drive, Suite 204
Clifton Park, NY 12065
518-371-3983 x113 (work)
860-508-5015 (cell)

--- Guillaume MAISON <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Manuel Enache a écrit :
> > I've tried with sqlite3 and nothing:
> >
> > <cmd>
> >
> > C:\sqlite>sqlite3.exe database
> > SQLite version 3.2.7
> > Enter ".help" for instructions
> > sqlite> .databases
> > Error: file is encrypted or is not a database
> > sqlite>
> >

> You said that a tcl application could access the DB
> ?
>
> then, instead of spending too much time seeking for
> a tool that could
> open the database, "re invent the wheel" and build
> yourself, with tcl, a
> tool that would export the DB in a format that you
> could then import.
>
> IMHO, it's the easiest and fastest way...
>
> HTH,
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
>
> Guillaume MAISON - N@uteus
> 83, Cours Victor Hugo
> 47000 AGEN
> Tél : 05 53 87 91 48 - Fax : 05 53 68 73 50
> e-mail : [hidden email] - Web :
> http://nauteus.com

__________________________________
http://farechase.yahoo.com

RE: sqlite 2.0 database

Manuel Enache
I'm 100% sure that the file i am trying to access is
the file that containes the database.

Any ideeas? I don't have any...

--- "Downey, Shawn" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would double check that the file I am trying to
> open is indeed the same file the Tcl app is
> accessing successfully.
>
> Shawn M. Downey
> MPR Associates
> 10 Maxwell Drive, Suite 204
> Clifton Park, NY 12065
> 518-371-3983 x113 (work)
> 860-508-5015 (cell)

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: sqlite 2.0 database

Manuel Enache <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm 100% sure that the file i am trying to access is
> the file that containes the database.
>
> Any ideeas? I don't have any...

The SQLite database file format changed going from version 2.0
to version 2.1 (a change which occurred in 2001).  To read a
version 2.0 database file, you'll have to download the old
2.0 source code from CVS, compile it, and run it.
D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

Re: sqlite 2.0 database

Manuel Enache
Can anyone provide me sqlite 2.0? I've tried with CVS
and I discovered that I don't know how to use CVS to
revert to an older version and I'm not too good at
compiling sources.

Thanks in advance!

--- [hidden email] wrote:

> Manuel Enache <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I'm 100% sure that the file i am trying to access
> is
> > the file that containes the database.
> >
> > Any ideeas? I don't have any...
>
> The SQLite database file format changed going from
> version 2.0
> to version 2.1 (a change which occurred in 2001).
> To read a
> version 2.0 database file, you'll have to download
> the old
> 2.0 source code from CVS, compile it, and run it.
> --
> D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: sqlite 2.0 database

Gerry Snyder
Anton Kuznetsov wrote:

> Hello, Manuel.
>
> Install TCLSQLite3(http://sqlite.org/tclsqlite-3_2_7.zip) and try the
> following script.
> It will convert your database into the SQLite3 database.

> package require sqlite
> package require sqlite3
>
> sqlite pcdb pcdatabase
> sqlite3 pcdb3 newpcdatabase
>
> # creating tables in new DB:
> pcdb eval {select sql from sqlite_master} {
>    pcdb3 eval $sql
> }
> pcdb3 close
>
> # filling tables of the new DB:
> pcdb eval {attach 'newpcdatabase' as newpcdb}
> pcdb eval {select name from sqlite_master where type='table'} {
>   pcdb eval "insert into newpcdb.'$name' select * from '$name' "
> }
> pcdb eval {detach newpcdb}
> pcdb close
> exit

Anton,

Are you sure this works? It looks to me as if it shouldn't.

The first part looks as if it will correctly create the schema in the
new sqlite3 file newpcdatabase, but the second part then seems to be
treating the new file as an sqlite 2 file.

Most of my recent comments to this list have been wrong (and I learned a
lot from the replies), but I just don't see how version 2 and version 3
files can be attached to the same TCL command [pcdb].

In the TCL/TK script I use for sqlite file manipulation (which does
work) I needed a fair amount more code than is in your example (and more
than that to go from V3 -> V2), so if your code really does the job I
can simplify a lot.

TIA for any comments,

Gerry

--
------------------
Gerry Snyder
in warm, winterless Los Angeles -- USDA zone 9b, Sunset 18-19

Re: sqlite 2.0 database

R S-2
Are you trying to open a file by the nomenclature "<dbName>-journal" file?

On 11/7/05, Manuel Enache <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a sqlite 2.0 DB and I need the data within.
>
> I tried open it with almost all the tools I finded.
>
> All say that: "file is encrypted or is not a database"
>
> I'm 90% sure that the DB is not encrypted.
>
> It is possible that the may be to old for these tools?
> What tool should I use to open that DB and export the
> data?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> __________________________________
> http://farechase.yahoo.com

Re: sqlite 2.0 database

Anton Kuznetsov
Yes. That script works with versions 2.8.16 and 3.2.7.

>> It will convert your database into the SQLite3 database.
>>
>> ##################################################
>> package require sqlite
>> package require sqlite3
>>
>> sqlite pcdb pcdatabase
>> sqlite3 pcdb3 newpcdatabase
>>
>> # creating tables in new DB:
>> pcdb eval {select sql from sqlite_master} {
>>    pcdb3 eval $sql
>> }
>> pcdb3 close
>>
>> # filling tables of the new DB:
>> pcdb eval {attach 'newpcdatabase' as newpcdb}
>> pcdb eval {select name from sqlite_master where type='table'} {
>>   pcdb eval "insert into newpcdb.'$name' select * from '$name' "
>> }
>> pcdb eval {detach newpcdb}
>> pcdb close
>> exit
>> ##################################################
>
> Anton,
>
> Are you sure this works? It looks to me as if it shouldn't.
>
> The first part looks as if it will correctly create the schema in the
> new sqlite3 file newpcdatabase, but the second part then seems to be
> treating the new file as an sqlite 2 file.
>
> Most of my recent comments to this list have been wrong (and I learned a
> lot from the replies), but I just don't see how version 2 and version 3
> files can be attached to the same TCL command [pcdb].
>
> In the TCL/TK script I use for sqlite file manipulation (which does
> work) I needed a fair amount more code than is in your example (and more
> than that to go from V3 -> V2), so if your code really does the job I
> can simplify a lot.
>
> TIA for any comments,
>
> Gerry
>
> --
> ------------------
> Gerry Snyder
> American Iris Society Director, Symposium Chair
> in warm, winterless Los Angeles -- USDA zone 9b, Sunset 18-19

Re: sqlite 2.0 database

Manuel Enache
If you have sqlite 2.0.8 compiled please give me a
link or send an email at manuelenache AT yahoo DOT
com.

I can't manage to compile it...

Thanks in advance!

__________________________________
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: sqlite 2.0 database

Christian Smith
On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Manuel Enache wrote:

>Can anyone provide me sqlite 2.0? I've tried with CVS
>and I discovered that I don't know how to use CVS to
>revert to an older version and I'm not too good at
>compiling sources.

Log in to CVS, with anonymous access:
http://www.sqlite.org/download.html#cvs

Get the source:
$ cvs -d :pserver:[hidden email]:/sqlite co -D '2001-11-03 23:59:59 UTC' sqlite

This will create a directory sqlite, with the source as of the 2.0.8
release described by this milestone:
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/chngview?cn=462

If you don't have CVS, then I've tarred up the source here:
http://www.thewrongchristian.org.uk/misc/sqlite-2.0.8.tar.gz

--
    /"\
    \ /    ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
     X                           - AGAINST MS ATTACHMENTS
    / \

Re: sqlite 2.0 database

Manuel Enache
That helped me a lot!
Thank you!

--- Christian Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Manuel Enache wrote:
>
> >Can anyone provide me sqlite 2.0? I've tried with
> CVS
> >and I discovered that I don't know how to use CVS
> >revert to an older version and I'm not too good at
> >compiling sources.
>

> Log in to CVS, with anonymous access:
> http://www.sqlite.org/download.html#cvs
>
> Get the source:
> $ cvs -d :pserver:[hidden email]:/sqlite
> co -D '2001-11-03 23:59:59 UTC' sqlite
>
> This will create a directory sqlite, with the source
> as of the 2.0.8
> release described by this milestone:
> http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/chngview?cn=462
>
> If you don't have CVS, then I've tarred up the
> source here:

http://www.thewrongchristian.org.uk/misc/sqlite-2.0.8.tar.gz

> >Thanks in advance!
> >
> >--- [hidden email] wrote:

> access
> >> is

> >> The SQLite database file format changed going
> from
> >> version 2.0
> >> to version 2.1 (a change which occurred in 2001).
> >> To read a
> >> version 2.0 database file, you'll have to
> download
> >> the old
> >> 2.0 source code from CVS, compile it, and run it.
> >> --
> >> D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>
> >>

> >__________________________________
> >Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
> >http://mail.yahoo.com
> >

> --
>     /"\
>     \ /    ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
>      X                           - AGAINST MS
> ATTACHMENTS
>     / \

__________________________________
http://farechase.yahoo.com

Running Versions 2 and 3 simultaneously -- was: Re: [sqlite] sqlite 2.0 database

Gerry Snyder
Anton Kuznetsov wrote:

> Yes. That script works with versions 2.8.16 and 3.2.7.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerry Snyder"
> <[hidden email]>

Anton,

Sorry, but I still don't see it.

1) First of all, according to Dr. Hipp, "You have to load version 3 of
the TCL bindings first, then version 2."

Your script does it in the other order.

2) Second, your [pcdb] command generated by version 2 seems to need
either one argument (the SQL) or three (SQL, ARRAY-NAME, and CODE).

Your script has two arguments in the "creating tables" section (I got it
to work by adding a blank array name).

3) But still, after getting past these trivialities, your script has one
command simultaneously working with both version 2 and version 3 files.
The file formats are incompatible.

Something is very, very wrong here. What makes you think it is working?

Based on the second point, I suspect [pcdb] somehow got set up as
version 3, probably because of the first point.

You need to carefully examine what is going on. Your script is not doing
what you seem to think it is.

Gerry

12