sqlite 3.21.0 fts3rank test failure on big-endian linux

sqlite 3.21.0 fts3rank test failure on big-endian linux

Petr Kubat
Hi all,

I am hitting a failure in fts3rank test on big-endian architectures
(ppc64, s390x; logs in [1][2]) running Fedora rawhide:

Time: fts3query.test 515 ms
! fts3expr5-1.5 expected: [1 {invalid matchinfo blob passed to function rank()}]
! fts3expr5-1.5 got:      [1 {wrong number of arguments to function rank()}]
Time: fts3rank.test 12 ms

This seems to have been introduced in version 3.21.0 (but is still
present in 3.22.0). Checking the source of the failing test case it
looks like an endianess issue due to the blob:

do_catchsql_test 1.5 {
   SELECT * FROM t1 ORDER BY rank(x'0100000001000000') DESC, rowid
} {1 {invalid matchinfo blob passed to function rank()}}

Seems similar to a different issue I hit before with fts3conf.test
(fixed in [3]).

Petr

[1] https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/2189/24412189/build.log
[2] https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/2191/24412191/build.log
[3] https://www.sqlite.org/src/info/87ccdf9cbb928455

Re: sqlite 3.21.0 fts3rank test failure on big-endian linux

Richard Hipp-3
On 1/24/18, Petr Kubat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am hitting a failure in fts3rank test on big-endian architectures
> (ppc64, s390x; logs in [1][2]) running Fedora rawhide:

Should now be fixed on trunk.

Big-endian processors are getting harder to get ahold of.  I don't
have one that is still capable of running the TCL tests.  My old
circa-2000 iBook (PPC) can still compile and run the TH3 tests, but I
have not been able to get recent versions of TCL (required for the TCL
tests) to compile on that machine.

What do y'all do at RedHat for legacy testing hardware?  Find stuff on eBay?

On 01/24/2018 03:45 PM, Richard Hipp wrote:
> On 1/24/18, Petr Kubat <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I am hitting a failure in fts3rank test on big-endian architectures
>> (ppc64, s390x; logs in [1][2]) running Fedora rawhide:
> Should now be fixed on trunk.
Thanks! I can verify that the fts3rank test case is now green on both
ppc64 and s390x. For anyone else interested in the patch, here is the link:

https://www.sqlite.org/src/info/e4766cabdf64d8e9
> Big-endian processors are getting harder to get ahold of.  I don't
> have one that is still capable of running the TCL tests.  My old
> circa-2000 iBook (PPC) can still compile and run the TH3 tests, but I
> have not been able to get recent versions of TCL (required for the TCL
> tests) to compile on that machine.
>
> What do y'all do at RedHat for legacy testing hardware?  Find stuff on eBay?

Not sure actually since from my point of view, as I do not work
primarily on ppc, the machines are just there. My guess is we are
getting some servers from IBM to develop the ppc spins on when needed.