sqlite-autoconf-3200100 : Where is the test suite for sqlite ?

sqlite-autoconf-3200100 : Where is the test suite for sqlite ?

Dennis Clarke
RE : sqlite-autoconf-3200100

Dear maillist :

     After doing a typical configure and compile on a 64-bit PPC arch
linux server I was very very surprised to see :

ppc64$ /usr/local/bin/gmake installcheck
gmake: Nothing to be done for `installcheck'.

ppc64$ /usr/local/bin/gmake check
gmake: Nothing to be done for `check'.

     Is there no way to confirm that the compile results in a good and
valid output ?

Dennis

Re: sqlite-autoconf-3200100 : Where is the test suite for sqlite ?

Richard Hipp-3
On 9/14/17, Dennis Clarke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> RE : sqlite-autoconf-3200100
>
> Dear maillist :
>
>      After doing a typical configure and compile on a 64-bit PPC arch
> linux server I was very very surprised to see :
>
> ppc64$ /usr/local/bin/gmake installcheck
> gmake: Nothing to be done for `installcheck'.
>
> ppc64$ /usr/local/bin/gmake check
> gmake: Nothing to be done for `check'.
>

>      Is there no way to confirm that the compile results in a good and
> valid output ?

The sqlite-autoconf-3200100 tarball strips out all the tests.  Maybe
grab a copy of the canonical source code
(https://sqlite.org/2017/sqlite-src-3200100.zip) and then run
"./configure; make test".

On 09/14/2017 02:00 PM, Richard Hipp wrote:

> On 9/14/17, Dennis Clarke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> RE : sqlite-autoconf-3200100
>>
>> Dear maillist :
>>
>>       After doing a typical configure and compile on a 64-bit PPC arch
>> linux server I was very very surprised to see :
>>
>> ppc64$ /usr/local/bin/gmake installcheck
>> gmake: Nothing to be done for `installcheck'.
>>
>> ppc64$ /usr/local/bin/gmake check
>> gmake: Nothing to be done for `check'.
>>

>>       Is there no way to confirm that the compile results in a good and
>> valid output ?
>
> The sqlite-autoconf-3200100 tarball strips out all the tests.

convenient :-\

>  Maybe
> grab a copy of the canonical source code
> (https://sqlite.org/2017/sqlite-src-3200100.zip) and then run
> "./configure; make test".

OKay, thank you, I will assume
http://sqlite.org/2017/sqlite-autoconf-3200100.tar.gz is the same thing.
  Hopefully the configure script is in
there and it all just builds out of the box. I will let you know as I
saw this :

Also https://bugs.gentoo.org/630818

I figured the same issue would be in PPC64 but alas the tests were
  absent.

Dennis