Quantcast

sqlite db file descriptor access/manipulation

sqlite db file descriptor access/manipulation

Valery Reznic
Hello.
I am trying to find a way to get access to sqlite db file descriptor, after sqlite3_open.
I want to be able set O_CLOEXEC flag to this fd, andr make sqlite use highest possible fd.
Any ideas how can I achieve it?
Valery

Re: sqlite db file descriptor access/manipulation

Clemens Ladisch
Valery Reznic wrote:
> I am trying to find a way to get access to sqlite db file descriptor, after sqlite3_open.
> I want to be able set O_CLOEXEC flag to this fd, andr make sqlite use highest possible fd.

There is sqlite3_file_control(), but it does not give you access to the file handle.

You have to implement your own VFS: http://www.sqlite.org/vfs.html

Regards,
Clemens