sqlite error: file is encrypted or is not a database

sqlite error: file is encrypted or is not a database

Tal Tabakman-2
Hi,
my SQLite based app is writing an database(single thread, no concurrency,
on top of NFS , network is involved)
when opening the database for read we get the following error "file is
encrypted or is not a database" when executing a simple pragma:
"PRAGMA cache_size=10000;"
I would like to note that I am using CEROD as a compression library but i
open the DB appropriatly with the needed "cerod::" prefix...

what could be the reasons for such a strange (and gating) error?

cheers
Tal

Re: sqlite error: file is encrypted or is not a database

Richard Hipp-3
On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Tal Tabakman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> my SQLite based app is writing an database(single thread, no concurrency,
> on top of NFS , network is involved)
> when opening the database for read we get the following error "file is
> encrypted or is not a database" when executing a simple pragma:
> "PRAGMA cache_size=10000;"
> I would like to note that I am using CEROD as a compression library but i
> open the DB appropriatly with the needed "cerod::" prefix...
>
> what could be the reasons for such a strange (and gating) error?

The header of the database file has become corrupted.