sqlite3_analyzer for Debian

Cecil Westerhof-5
I was looking at:
    Tcl'2017 - SQLite's use of Tcl (Richard Hipp)

There is talk about the sqlite3_analyzer. But I do not have this on my
Debian system. Is that only for Windows?

--
Cecil Westerhof

Re: sqlite3_analyzer for Debian

Simon Slavin-3

On 7 Dec 2017, at 6:37pm, Cecil Westerhof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was looking at:
>    Tcl'2017 - SQLite's use of Tcl (Richard Hipp)
>
> There is talk about the sqlite3_analyzer. But I do not have this on my
> Debian system. Is that only for Windows?

It’s not part of the standard Debian installation, but you can download it as part of the precompiled binaries for your platform:

<https://www.sqlite.org/download.html>

Note that sqlite3_analyzer is a compiled Tcl program.  It should work fine under any Linux variant but if you have any trouble with it please post here.

Re: sqlite3_analyzer for Debian

nitpilot
Am Thu, 7 Dec 2017 19:29:46 +0000
schrieb Simon Slavin <[hidden email]>:

> It’s not part of the standard Debian installation, but you can
> download it as part of the precompiled binaries for your platform:
>
> <https://www.sqlite.org/download.html>
>
> Note that sqlite3_analyzer is a compiled Tcl program.  It should work
> fine under any Linux variant but if you have any trouble with it
> please post here.
>
> Simon.

Hi Simon,

be careful with "under any Linux" as the name of the zip says the
binarys are for X86 only: sqlite-tools-linux-x86-3210000.zip

On Raspberry&Co it will not work.

Matth

On 7 Dec 2017, at 11:22pm, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:

> be careful with "under any Linux" as the name of the zip says the
> binarys are for X86 only: sqlite-tools-linux-x86-3210000.zip

Point taken.  Does "Lintel" mean anything apart from a horizontal bracing strut ?